R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Connectors

I just recieved my order from amain. I ordered the Ballistic Batteries 5 Cell IB1500 Racer RX Flat Pack JR Connector for my sons hyper 7. Needless to say the battery does not fit due to the connector.

Am I able to just cut off the current connector and replace it with a connector that fits. I am thinking of cutting off the connector from AA pack that came with the car. Is it possible to do this or is it once the connector set to hold the wires in place thats it.

Does any one know the part number for the connector I need.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I just recieved my order from amain. I ordered the Ballistic Batteries 5 Cell IB1500 Racer RX Flat Pack JR Connector for my sons hyper 7. Needless to say the battery does not fit due to the connector.

Am I able to just cut off the current connector and replace it with a connector that fits. I am thinking of cutting off the connector from AA pack that came with the car. Is it possible to do this or is it once the connector set to hold the wires in place thats it.

Does any one know the part number for the connector I need.
i have a hyper 7 also and i just replaced that batt pack. what you need to do is get somthing small and on the connectors there is a small slot on one side where you can see the small silver connector through the plastic push those down and slightly pull on the wire and it will come out once to get both connectors done this way the on the connectors of the wire there is a small tab that keeps the in the plastic, what you need to do is pry them up just a little and then just shove them back into the connector that you need.
SeR_Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Tech Master

The actual brass terminal inside the plastic connector for JR servo connectors & JST connectors are usually different & the plastic tang may not hold the terminal inside the connector.Make sure they stay in solid when you connect the batt to the switch. If they push out dont try & rig it runnaways are no fun if the wire comes out while driving. go to any hobby shop that sells the e-flite brand helicopter & get some JST pig tales & solder the new connector on.You may also be in this boat if you damage the connector pulling the terminals out.They come in a 2 pack & part #s are efla243 for the female & efla242 for the male.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLA242

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLA243
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote