Search

D8, Losi 2.0, or Hyper 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:52 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcg33k
To answer the original question, I think the 2.0 is the best choice. It's pretty solid, although not without its flaws. The Hyper 9 is a little too weak and the D8 is one of the sloppiest cars out of the box. The D8 started out strong at our local track because of the price, but everyone quickly figured out why it's so cheap - it's cheap. The post about the Z-car is one of the most rediculous but predictable fanboy posts on rctech. The Z car is not even in the same league as the budget cars already mentioned, no less a car like an MP9 or MBX6. I really start to dislike forums when I see posts like that...
a very narrow brain...

Last edited by D8; 01-31-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

I have driven both the 8 and the D8 and currently run the D8. I have almost 2 gallons on the car with no issues. The drive shaft issue has been 99% resolved and while yes the car is a bit heavier, thats ok. Since switching to the D8 my laptimes have dropped and been more consistent.

For the money and the drivability, my vote is the D8. But again, since this is all personal preference anyway, I do not think you will be unhappy with any of them.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hyper 9...too new, still too many bugs
Hot bodies.......very capable in the right hands...still may have some issues though.

2.0...proven winner....all the bugs worked out.....parts available in bathroom vending machines...you can borrow 50 starter boxes at the track, and parts in a jam
Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hot bodies.......very capable in the right hands...still may have some issues though.

2.0...proven winner....all the bugs worked out.....parts available in bathroom vending machines...you can borrow 50 starter boxes at the track, and parts in a jam
Have to disagree about the 8 having all the bugs worked out, just this past weekend several 2.0 had servo saver issues along with still breaking front shock towers... all cars have issues... just depends on if one can live with those issues.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

To answer the original question, I think the 2.0 is the best choice. It's pretty solid, although not without its flaws. The Hyper 9 is a little too weak and the D8 is one of the sloppiest cars out of the box. The D8 started out strong at our local track because of the price, but everyone quickly figured out why it's so cheap - it's cheap. The post about the Z-car is one of the most rediculous but predictable fanboy posts on rctech. The Z car is not even in the same league as the budget cars already mentioned, no less a car like an MP9 or MBX6. I really start to dislike forums when I see posts like that...
and how do you know all this about the d8? how do we know any of the info your giving isn't just garbage? what are your credentials.

i speak for a lot of people who have read your post, to opinionistic. you have something to say about everything.

i just dont believe people actually post like this anymore....
Old 01-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

DriftProjectR is right. I think everyones BS meter went off when they saw your post lol
Old 01-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i understand that some may disagree with the post of the other members but please if you disagree do not state ur opinion about you not liking his opinion, thats kinda a catch 22.

thank you for the info so far and i would like to know about the "issues" of the H9 from the owners of the car plz

lets keep this thread productive. i dont like my threads to become useless
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by t8rtot
i understand that some may disagree with the post of the other members but please if you disagree do not state ur opinion about you not liking his opinion, thats kinda a catch 22.

thank you for the info so far and i would like to know about the "issues" of the H9 from the owners of the car plz

lets keep this thread productive. i dont like my threads to become useless

Hi

My brother and 3 of our mates all race Hyper 9 in every championship event we can manage to get into, flat out now for 8 months, i can tell u only problems they all occaisonally have on pretty big rough tracks is the front lower arm breaking and also the upper arms, actually the metal bar that seems to break on that, all though my bro has now found much tougher bars which he didnt no about and his so far for a few months been o.k. Sadly myself i race hyper 8.5 pro uk all though it is on ebay now for money towards a hyper 9 in the next week but i can assure u as i always pit for my bro that they are pretty solid cars and everybody seems to say quicker than a losi eight 2.0, so in 10 months it cost him no more than £25 and that is almost 10gallons worth of use to. Definately recommended as the best thing i noticed about it is the way it handles the air, really is extremely controllable with the brakes and accelerator while in the air and so many times ive heard its the better than the losi eight 2.0 on a tight track especially. Certainly heard enough and read enough by now to go for one myself.

hope this helps. Anybody thinks any different to views i know of hyper 9 v losi eight 2.0 then feel free to explain where u think im wrong, just remember though some of u on here, chill out. no need for all the Squabling at each other like women. lol.

Cheers
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You replied to a thread 9 months old.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240

+1 - in the bathroom - LOL -
Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Nothing
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

D8 D8 D8

love my car and hhaven't had any serious probs at all.

you could buy 2 D8's for the price of one Losi and parts are just as easy to come by.

great car well worth a look

dane
Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are wrong
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

The Hyper 9 has been fixed and its 450, not 499, check it
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21484

This is your best bet for a Hyper 9, Nitrohouse carries the latest and greatest, this version comes with the updated chassis, upper and lower arms. The Hyper 9 is not for everyone, its a complex car, but it is a great car!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Fan boy here!!
Check it out!
Hyper 9 rulz
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-80-Pre-Built

This one is better!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tion-Buggy-Kit

I would go with Nitrohouse, they live and breathe hyper, same cost.

What ever you get, race the piss out of it! Good luck! Fan boy out fan boy fading out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.