Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shock Tower Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Shock Tower Upgrade

Have Losi 8ight RTR, want to upgrade shock towers. Does anyone have any recommendations? Losi race roller towers, king headz, etc...

Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well to be honest unless you need them because it's damaged i wouldn't bother. I bought Integy off Ebay only because someone ran into me. If you want to put money towards something buy a good steering servo if you haven't already. It truly changes the buggy.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidewaze
Well to be honest unless you need them because it's damaged i wouldn't bother. I bought Integy off Ebay only because someone ran into me. If you want to put money towards something buy a good steering servo if you haven't already. It truly changes the buggy.
+1 except the integy product

unless its damaged dont replace it. losi 8ight buggys are very durable. but when you do replace it get the losi upgraded shock towers there great, i have a set i pulled off my buggy b4 i got it ready for sell if your interested pm me
Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=losi_racer;5352578]+1 except the integy product

Just curious why you say except the Integy. If you're knocking a product can you provide a reason why.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Interesting that say to upgrade the servos. As I have seen that mentioned more than once on other post. Since this is a RTR and came with the Spectrum DX 2.0 controller what type of servos would work the best.

Thanks again,
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

You want something with high torque, digital,metal gear and quick. I use AE XP DS1313, which are the ACE brand as well. They come highly recommended after asking a lot of questions and haven't had an issue yet. Do whatever your wallet can afford. Do steering first and then move the metal spektrum to the throttle. You can upgrade throttle later.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)
Default shock towers

Losi makes a strong car I have not had any problems with mine, I have a 8ight pro but I race with someone that has an RTR with the stamped towers and he fliped over, not a bad flip but it bent the crap out of his towers. The stamped towers and chassis are week I think so I would replace them. Even being a little out of strate will change the cars handeling. As for he KHz vs the losi its all a matter of do you want black towers or the towers from losi, they are the same just paying for the KHz name or you could go with carbon fiber to shave some weight.

For the servo I havea JR 9100s and its awsome but it does cost a few dollers. But i have a HS 945 (replaces by the HS_985mg) in my SC8 and it is more then enough speed and it does not cost as much as the 9100s or the XP-1313. But it all depends on how much you can spend
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMUS4&P=ML

Last edited by racerx1920; 01-28-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Integy is known for making Beautiful products but from what I hear its the grade of the aluminum that they use that isnt the best quality. Shock towers you definetly want 7075 alloy not anything but unless your going carbon fiber like said before.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Well I've taken some pretty hard hits and they're holding up just fine. Paid half the price of the Losi.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Are all digital servos, compatible with the Spectrum DX2.0? As I know next to nothing about servo's, I have seen large price differences. Wow some are expensive! With that said, you usually get what you pay for.