Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Nova 367 or speed >

Nova 367 or speed

Nova 367 or speed

Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Intresting thread,
Of the two I had they both had their "Pro's" and "Con's" for each. They were the older gen. motors.
Speeds are very tuner freindly and have a very smooth powerband, but were not very consistant motor to motor as some have said. I do believe that OS corrected that on the Spec II's
367, when I could get it to run was very fast. I was using a turbo plug instead of the standard plug, so the tuning window was a little hit or miss for me.
A fellow racer has a 367 with the standard plug and has never had any issues with it, almost made me wish I kept mine.
There are many motors out right now to choose from and of the two asked about, either will get the job done in a buggy. The question is do you need a pipe for the motor? If so then the 367 may be a better choice. If not get the Speed, which ever way you decide to go remember to get the motor broke in right and you shouldn't have any problems. Keep in mind that in the right hands a old 3 port Rossi can beat you, sometimes its a case of too much motor for a given track.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Out of those two I would go with the SPEED. If you want to go nova I would reccomend the plus 21-5k or the plus 21-4. I have had great luck with the plus 21-5 and 5k line. For the price right now you can't beat them. the 5k sells on amain for $270, thats a killer deal on a $335 motor. And imo it is more motor than the new plus 4. Also consider the JX 21 ninja. it is basically a speed with almost identical performance at a $300 price tag.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not ran the 367 only due to the bearing issues that have been talked about, I do run the speed and FMS but in a truggy RC8T, if your throwing either of these in a buggy, the speed will be more forgiving imo, i get equel runtimes out of both, i run them on 16 second lap tracks and 40 second lap track's both hammer down, the FMS is more agressive on bottom, and i cant see any difference on top, my lap times are the same with both, but the OS is more forgiving, they both tune very well, and lifespan has not been a issue with both, and both are modded, and you know modded motors don't last as long as stock engines
Old 01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

and yes, the Plus 4 is dialed