Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jp-3, sounds like a weiner
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone have a hands-on comparison of this motor to the Losi 350?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWrecker View Post
Anyone have a hands-on comparison of this motor to the Losi 350?
They both have really nice bottom end punch, the XP has more rpm pull=top, you can also use a nova carb on the 21 XP very nice
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a dynamite platinum .21 (NON-XP) that I have had for a couple of years. I am an electric onroad racer making a jump to the "dark side" of nitro.

I will be loading this thing in my Losi 8ight and hopefully going out and racing with it this weekend. Any recommendations on breaking in/tuning/etc of the non-XP version? I will be running the Dynamite Platinum 086 HS pipe along with it.
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
I have a dynamite platinum .21 (NON-XP) that I have had for a couple of years. I am an electric onroad racer making a jump to the "dark side" of nitro.

I will be loading this thing in my Losi 8ight and hopefully going out and racing with it this weekend. Any recommendations on breaking in/tuning/etc of the non-XP version? I will be running the Dynamite Platinum 086 HS pipe along with it.
Make sure you pre-heat that thing before starting for the first gallon. I broke mine in by pre-heating of course, then driving up and down my long drive way(open parking lot) with foil wrapped around the head to keep temps around 200F. ALWAYS put the piston to BDC after the engine is shut off to let it cool completely. I kept the throttle under half power for first 3 tanks. Each tank after started accelerating harder and going faster until around tank 10. Then, with foil removed, started to drive on track with trying to launch off jumps. This puts a bit more load on the engine. Try to keep temps around 200-230 while breaking in. Start running the engine faster and slowly lean the needles(NOT the MID Needle) until you have steady idle, good acceleration, and a hint of smoke while driving around. Near, or a little after, the one gallon mark the temps will drop all of a sudden and the engine will seem really rich and down on power. Once that happens the engine is finally losing it's mechanical pinch and you can begin driving the crap out of. After that don't tune the engine trying to keep it at a certain temp. Let the engine accelerate strong and scream on the top end, BUT all the while having a hint of smoke out of the exhaust. The smoke indicates excess fuel not burning off and that means you have the right amount of lubrication.

My engine is 5-6 gallons old now and it has seen 3 gallons of dirt oval use(WFO) and now resides in my Losi 8-T1.0 for off-road.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post

The engine won't like that pipe, the 053 is much better. The 7.5 venturi is the one you should start with also.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is anybody still using this motor. i am looking into the new xpe euro edition. just want to know how they are holding up.
scm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm22 View Post
Is anybody still using this motor. i am looking into the new xpe euro edition. just want to know how they are holding up.
weatherholt ran xp all winter and the only heat/main loss i know of for sure he had was to jason hudson who also runs the even cheaper dynamite, sometimes
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Ran it almost all last summer...about 4-5 gallons...just finished the 1st MO Pro Series race with it last weekend and it was still screaming like a banshee. Also spoke with a sponsored driver who was running it for the first time and he was in awe how awesome it ran...and he usually runs Nova's. I actually had an issue with running waaay to lean for a 5 minute qual and it temped at 350 SCARY! but a little turn of the screw and it was back to a solid 230. Ran great after that in an 8 minute C which I got first and bumped to B which was 20 minutes that went super smooth with not a single flame out. I still LOVE this mill for the price. R5 plug seems to be a good option. Run times were respectable as well.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #55
Tech Adept

i am looking at the new xpe or alpha. I just want a reliable motor that has the power and speed to keep up with all other motors. do you guys think the new dynamite will be good.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm22 View Post
i am looking at the new xpe or alpha. I just want a reliable motor that has the power and speed to keep up with all other motors. do you guys think the new dynamite will be good.
Thought we helped answer this question.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Old 04-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #58
Tech Adept

sorry ignore that post i said it wrong. Are any of you going to try the new motor and what pipe would work best.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snowman6869

I'd have to say it keeps up with everybody at our track.We're talking about Derek Weatherholt here and it actually beats everybody at our track.lol
SAVOX
LUCKY7 RC FASTLANE GRAPHIX
snowman6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok ran my first dynamite xp this weekend, i had a tough time breakin it in, which is odd i hear, but i did notice today it was carb givin me issues, anyone else have issues with the carb, so as i put one of my ther carbs from one of my rb engines, the .21 woke up and idle nice and was way easier to tune and held tune all day at 200, with my rb 2045 pipe, anyone else have this problem??
skidoos is offline   Reply With Quote