Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Driver-Setup-Practise >

Driver-Setup-Practise

Driver-Setup-Practise

Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Driver-Setup-Practise

I was just thinking what some people say that a good driver will win the race what ever car it has but on the other hand if the car he is driving has no setup what so ever, no stability the rear end is loose coming out of corners etc, how can the driver win the race no matter how good it is..

For me compining these three words i wrote in the title it means you have a chance of winning races or taking good places..

ofcourse some will say is the luck,,but thats has nothing to do with us..and it is important to understand that lack of maintance has nothing to do with luck...

what do you think?????
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

good ???, makes for good conversation. The reason why I say that statement pretty often is because "good" drivers can usually adapt to the how the car is acting. Of course up to a certain point, example, if the car is pushing off-power but has on-power steering, the driver can adjust his/her driving style and can use on-power more (and vise-versa).

Also your "good" driver can find the limits of the vehicle and push it to its max w/out fault, such as driving thru woops.

Last of all, your good driver will find a way to still hit every race line and not blow the corners like us not-so-good drivers.

Allright got to go race....
Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also think that the top drivers can win with just about any car. I would also say that they would need a little time to get the car set up. However, I have seen some top drivers take someone elses car and run faster than they did with their own car. I have also driven a couple top drivers cars and would say they handled like poo.. Natural ability makes up for a lot in racing.

As I watch some pro drivers drive, I see the car getting out of shape at times. I also notice that by the time I realize there's a problem, they have already corrected for it. My brain just does'nt work that fast, and my hands are even slower. i wonder how much more I'm not seeing.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

i agree there are some people that have talent but in most cases talent is not enough..
Old 03-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Are you coming to DRT tomorrow matey (don't know if you saw my reply in the MP9/STRR thread you started...
Old 03-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Jazz...

no,

i have just checked your reply that you told me because i thought you would not answer...

where is this track???

is it far from london?

how is everything????
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Not too bad thanks - working tonight (am actually in your neck of the wood) waiting to pick some people up...

Racing wise, I managed to bring the ST-RR home for another win last Sunday and in doing so won the Slough Winter Series.

Am going to DRT tomorrow as it'll be the last chance I get to go there before the SRS meeting there.

DRT is in Dartford (SE London). Is just South of the river (near Lakeside and TJD Models)..

How are things with you?

DRT's web addy is dartfordracetrack.com

Last edited by Jaf1977; 03-21-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

guys is there a way to be more consistend driver??

i think to be consistend you have to consentrate for a long time and have practise..
what do you think?