Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best EZ-Start nitro car for 275 and under? >

Best EZ-Start nitro car for 275 and under?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best EZ-Start nitro car for 275 and under?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I heard that from a friend who races actively (not from t3h int3rn3tz).

And after-run oil wouldn't hurt, especially if your friend won't be using it daily (need to get some myself), and just make sure the glow plug is the right size, as I almost freaked when I put a hot glow plug into my LRP Z.28R and ot wouldn't rev, turns out it was too short.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaV3N
Ok its been a while since i been into nitro. Do I need after run oil and a specific glow plug for the truck???
Run whatever glow plug is recommend, or one that cross references with the recommend plug. After run oil is not a science, but rather an individual preference. Some people swear by it, others say don't bother. I don't use it after races because my cars are usually dirty and I risk more harm then good trying to get some oil in there. I do run the engines dry prior to packing up for the day though. If I'm storing my cars, say not using them for a month or so then I make sure they're cleaned up and have some oil in them.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

I couldnt find out which glow plug is reccomended for the duratrax, can someone help? (towerhobbies.com)