R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Any good tracks in CT?

As the title says, I'm looking for some good tracks in CT (both indoor and outdoor, if possible) to run my trucks at. I know of one place in Enfield, but that is a 45 minute haul from where I live (southeast), which is about the farthest that I would like to go.

Thanks in advance.
howtowakeakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtowakeakar View Post
As the title says, I'm looking for some good tracks in CT (both indoor and outdoor, if possible) to run my trucks at. I know of one place in Enfield, but that is a 45 minute haul from where I live (southeast), which is about the farthest that I would like to go.

Thanks in advance.
www.wolcotthobby.com

www.controlfreakz.com
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Looks like I'll be going to Wolcott soon!
Thanks for the links.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yes. RCMadness in Enfield is an option. Although rumor is Chris is moving. I'm not sure of any details on that though. There's also Wolcott Hobby in Wolcott.
www.wolcotthobby.com
As of right now, Lester - track owner- has no indoor racing going on. He does however, have one of the North East's premier outdoor offroad facilities. Outdoor season usually starts early/mid April, weather permitting. The hobby shop is open 7 Days/week if you want to stop in sometime to talk or call. He also specializes in Airsoft.
There's a new onroad asphalt facility in Chaplin, CT. At least I think that's where. There was once a thread here on RCT for it, but I can't seem to locate it right now. I have heard that they have offroad plans for summer 09 too. If I can find the link, I'll post it up.
There's two other places I can think of that I believe are strictly indoor offroad. I'm not really sure what they're like though as I havn't been there. The first, I don't know the name of, is in Waterbury. Owner??? ( I believe, anyway) Mark Westerfield is good people. I do know a few folks that race there and seem pleased. Pretty sure they race on Saturdays. Also, I believe Mark is an RCTech member...good chance he'll post up more info himself if he sees this. Lastly is Pinshop Hobbies in Watertown. Again, I know nothing of the place, but you could probably Google the website. These are all I know of to be sure. There could be others I'm missing but this should be a good starting point.

Joe beat me, lol...as usual...but not this year :P

Anyway, Control is the place I spoke of that is in Chaplin.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Yes. RCMadness in Enfield is an option. Although rumor is Chris is moving. I'm not sure of any details on that though. There's also Wolcott Hobby in Wolcott.
www.wolcotthobby.com
As of right now, Lester - track owner- has no indoor racing going on. He does however, have one of the North East's premier outdoor offroad facilities. Outdoor season usually starts early/mid April, weather permitting. The hobby shop is open 7 Days/week if you want to stop in sometime to talk or call. He also specializes in Airsoft.
There's a new onroad asphalt facility in Chaplin, CT. At least I think that's where. There was once a thread here on RCT for it, but I can't seem to locate it right now. I have heard that they have offroad plans for summer 09 too. If I can find the link, I'll post it up.
There's two other places I can think of that I believe are strictly indoor offroad. I'm not really sure what they're like though as I havn't been there. The first, I don't know the name of, is in Waterbury. Owner??? ( I believe, anyway) Mark Westerfield is good people. I do know a few folks that race there and seem pleased. Pretty sure they race on Saturdays. Also, I believe Mark is an RCTech member...good chance he'll post up more info himself if he sees this. Lastly is Pinshop Hobbies in Watertown. Again, I know nothing of the place, but you could probably Google the website. These are all I know of to be sure. There could be others I'm missing but this should be a good starting point.

Joe beat me, lol...as usual...but not this year :P

Anyway, Control is the place I spoke of that is in Chaplin.
LOL =p
Rob you going up to RCX next weekend?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I should be. Hopefully I can get out of work early enough on Sat to want to wake up early enough to be there before 8 and get some test/tune time in. I did pick up a couple P4s and need to fiddle some before MotoRama. If I can't git'r tuned before then, then I probably will not race. I am going, but will focus on pics, BSing, n stuff. I could just buy a new engine and am toying with that idea too...not sure yet though.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
I should be. Hopefully I can get out of work early enough on Sat to want to wake up early enough to be there before 8 and get some test/tune time in. I did pick up a couple P4s and need to fiddle some before MotoRama. If I can't git'r tuned before then, then I probably will not race. I am going, but will focus on pics, BSing, n stuff. I could just buy a new engine and am toying with that idea too...not sure yet though.
I'll be there by 9, if you need a hand with tuning. If you don't go, I'll see you at Motorama.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hey Nitro from CT, This is Greg B. I have spoken with you before. Shoot me an email to savagehappy@yahoo.com Want to run something by you.

Thanks
Greg
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Sounds good Joe.
Greg, mail on the way.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Madness is where I go now to run my Slash, and we talked with Chris and he is moving across town to a 14,000 square foot building wit something like 6 acres of land.