smack talk at the track.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

smack talk at the track.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm... where's my popcorn? This is getting good! lol

(I'm one of those pit guys that he mentioned above...)

Doug are you going out there Friday? Thursday?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default So Miami it is

Sounds simple to get into trouble there.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

our group dose it all the time but it us we always got keep each other laughing
weather it who gone bump out the b or who gone take who out first it always a good laugh
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Doug are you going out there Friday? Thursday?

i took a half day on friday, then i'll be there all weekend. almost got my 808 back together for the race, waiting for shock parts to get here, hopefully tomorrow.

you or brent running?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
i took a half day on friday, then i'll be there all weekend. almost got my 808 back together for the race, waiting for shock parts to get here, hopefully tomorrow.

you or brent running?
All 4 of us (Ron Jr, Ron Sr, Brent, and I) are running. I ALMOST didn't sign up because frankly $65 is pretty pricey for an entry... but as long as I make the B so I get a decent amount of runtime I'm happy.

Of course I would LIKE to make the A, but we'll see who all shows up. There are still a lot of sandbaggers in Sportsman.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

I talked so much smack when racing it's not even funny. When I'd lay the smack down on the track and get the win, I'd play some MC Hammer for their listening pleasure.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Doug,

Hey, if you talk nicely to DOMIT, he might be able to locate a "slow moving vehicle sign" for you.

Funny thing is even Brent seems to think he can lay the smack down on you.

You were just recently talking about stepping down to sportsman.

It's ok Doug, we'll let you join amongst the ranks of sandbaggers. I won't be disappointed in you, at all.

Be careful though, it is entirely possible you may get "out sandbagged".

See you Friday
Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Doug and one or both Rons and I usually share a table at the track. I know what goes on first hand. Let me tell you: They run their mouths a lot more than their cars.

I'm just running my mouth now. They're good guys and talented drivers.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Suspended

I'm from Denver and moved to Dallas about a year ago. In Colorado, smack talk is required to race at any track there. Even the rookies on there first time at the track are expected to dish it out. Down here in Texas if I try to have fun, I feel that it's unacceptable. Up north I'm tame but I still dish it out, but down here I seem to be the biggest trash talker. So my question is...

Is there other tracks around the country ware makin fun of others cars, driving or lack of driving normal? Or is it just in Colorado?
Maybe it is one thing "amoungst friends," but I've never seen a good driver find it neccessary. And aren't you supposed to be concentrating on your racing and not thinking about the next comeback or barb? Seems like a good way to not make new friends by commenting negatively on their ride or their significant other.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

yea, i was running a new to me car, new engine, new to me radio, never drivin the track layout (ron has been running this layout for 4 months) and i havn't drivin in 6 months. give me a couple of weeks and the new layout in the first week of march, then it's on!!!!!! And it was 2 laps after a 20 minute main, not 4!!
sounds like the never ending one handed excuse making wonder we call CLUBZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like your getting your ass handed to you just like the old days in Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! careful boys because when he blows out he uses that one good hand of his to toss his janky shiznit across the parking lot............seen it with my own eyes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Doug,

Hey, if you talk nicely to DOMIT, he might be able to locate a "slow moving vehicle sign" for you.

Funny thing is even Brent seems to think he can lay the smack down on you.

You were just recently talking about stepping down to sportsman.

It's ok Doug, we'll let you join amongst the ranks of sandbaggers. I won't be disappointed in you, at all.

Be careful though, it is entirely possible you may get "out sandbagged".

See you Friday
more like "TEABAGGED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by msconcepts
sounds like the never ending one handed excuse making wonder we call CLUBZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like your getting your ass handed to you just like the old days in Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! careful boys because when he blows out he uses that one good hand of his to toss his janky shiznit across the parking lot............seen it with my own eyes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG. That's funny. LOL!

But in case Doug finds it offensive, I'll edit this post to say that you should be ashamed for saying such things.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lightin'
Maybe it is one thing "amoungst friends," but I've never seen a good driver find it neccessary. And aren't you supposed to be concentrating on your racing and not thinking about the next comeback or barb? Seems like a good way to not make new friends by commenting negatively on their ride or their significant other.
He is referring to "amongst friends." We talk a lot of trash among ourselves... but we don't mess with people we don't know... unless of course they join in, then it's on. It is all in good fun.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markr04
OMG. That's funny. LOL!

But in case Doug finds it offensive, I'll edit this post to say that you should be ashamed for saying such things.

Doug? OFFENDED?

Yeah, right!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Now I see where all the smack talk comes from Doug..man you guys are brutal..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.