R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   info on some engines (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/271253-info-some-engines.html)

littlelane 01-28-2009 01:30 PM

info on some engines

looking for a new engine you guys are probably tired of this subject but the more i read the worse it gets.so anything you can tell me on the ones ive looked at would be greatly appreciated.looking for usual runtimes and bottom to mid power along with some topend easy to tune
axe rossi cobra
novarossi 367
os v-spec
rb concepts s7 l2g
sirio kanai evo iv sti
orion crf .21
trinity ex-tech II full mod

8&stuff 01-28-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by littlelane (Post 5355133)
looking for a new engine you guys are probably tired of this subject but the more i read the worse it gets.so anything you can tell me on the ones ive looked at would be greatly appreciated.looking for usual runtimes and bottom to mid power along with some topend easy to tune
axe rossi cobra
novarossi 367
os v-spec
rb concepts s7 l2g
sirio kanai evo iv sti
orion crf .21

all are good. the vspecs a tune and go till she blows, the rest might take a little more time to final tune. out of whats listed the orions what id go with. not sure about tunability but a great engine nonetheless

vladconnery 01-28-2009 03:08 PM

All of the engines you have listed are good engines. For some they are great engines and others curse the day they were made. I am going to keep my comments to the engine I know. That would be the RB S7L2G. That is a very good engine easy to tune only the V-spec may be easier. The Nova will be easy to tune as well as most nova based engines are. However as far as engine life RB has them all beat. The RB's true break in mark is about a gallon. Thats the point where it's going to show it's true power. I know that seems long however it coincides with it's long life. It will out run all the ones listed in the right hands. Good bottom nice linear power band crazy top end.

Leave the modded engine for the pro's it will be a b*tch to tune.

GH Racing 01-28-2009 03:30 PM

I would go with the OS v-spec :D

littlelane 01-28-2009 03:57 PM

thanks for the information so far but please dont stop there i dont want to spend that much and regrete it later but i dont mind if its worth it

ezveedub 01-28-2009 04:00 PM

Its not on your list, but go for the Novarossi Plus 21-4. Very good engine. Tunes easy and has all the power you will want.

malik 01-28-2009 04:05 PM

Out of whats listed I would go with the Orion too, that thing is a beast. But I must recommend to you the Go Tech EBM5 fully modded and broke in by Ed Bridges him self. It has all the bells and whistles all the other high end mills has and is cheaper than some. TKO rear bearing coated crank bla bla bla I cant even remember what els but too much to list. This is new to just came out like maybe a month ago.

littlelane 01-28-2009 06:19 PM

thanks guys id really like to learn a little more on the novarossi and rb concepts but as always im willing to listen to all the info i can get

mugenb46 01-28-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by littlelane (Post 5355133)
axe rossi cobra
novarossi 367
os v-spec
rb concepts s7 l2g
sirio kanai evo iv sti
orion crf .21

What do you plan on running this selection in?

The Plus 4 as mentioned abouve is a very sweet engine, the 367 is a great motor as well, there is a little less lifespan out of a standard OS due to the crank being softer than the Nova's or speed versions, it seems your willing to spend some cash on very good engines, so if durability is a strong factor the JX .21 or Speed is a good choice, both are OS based, and tunning is a breeze, both have the ceramic crank, and the rods last.

The RB is smooth and is great in buggy, awesome topend and reliable, with decent runtimes. The OS based and Nova's i know more about, the Axe and Orion not to much info, and the Trinity, i don't run other company's modded engines. Modded engines being a pain to tune, simply a matter of opinion:nod: You can't go wrong with the Nova's and RB's the OS based go with the ceramic coated version's

littlelane 01-28-2009 06:45 PM

im running a cen matrix truggy with bce conversion

mugenb46 01-28-2009 06:51 PM

Ok, some of these you mentioned and some not, but are all very good.

Alum head Speed
JX.21
OS Standard
S5
S7
Nova P5
Nova Plus 4

All these are easy to drive hard, not to radical on bottom but still enough and good on the topend, east to tune and runtimes, we have hit 10+ with most of them, how do you like the CEN, I drove for them a couple years ago, stable car:nod:

littlelane 01-28-2009 07:00 PM

i really like it especially with the bce conversion but i put an sh .28 i had on it and defintly needs a new motor .i want to race this year and need something that is easy to drive also i still have alot to learn

mugenb46 01-28-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by littlelane (Post 5356764)
i really like it especially with the bce conversion but i put an sh .28 i had on it and defintly needs a new motor .i want to race this year and need something that is easy to drive also i still have alot to learn

Cool, I would take a look at the P5xs, plenty of motor and tunes very well, it will jerk that CEN all over the place if you want it to, it's a good all around engine, and is a little less than some of the others, also a Nova N21BF, i would stick with the basics on engines right now till you get the hang of what your really looking for, but the P5 is a great trugy engine to start off with.

littlelane 01-28-2009 08:16 PM

thanks for the help and ill definitly look into those choices your help is greatly appreciated