Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
Thanks Matt....

Hey call me on Thursday afternoon.
10-4
Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We need a big race in the Birmingham area like the, Thanks giving thunder in Gadsden, the Extreme in cullman...Nitro Pit , Hint Hint..., Madmaxx, In Trussville, Hint Hint
Old 01-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Well I wasn't saying that *he* wasn't supportive of racers; just that the shops in the immediate Bham area generally aren't conducive to helping core racers.

If there's a shop I don't know about supporting racers now; let me know because we're basically down to three around here to the best of my knowledge.

Alan has always been helping folks
I know that's what you meant and so did he.

Alan knows what I'm talking about.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
How about one good 'ole "State Race" like we used to do under Roar...?

I agree with Alan as far as having a need to get people in the hobby. However as he knows and I have observed, some of our local shops in the Bham area aren't exactly the kindest when it comes to actually helping people or supporting racers.

As far as having too many tracks, that has somewhat cropped up from racers wanting somewhere "local" to race and not have to travel just to race. I know I get tired of driving an hour (or better) to race when I have a nice track under my nose (but I understand they like to travel and race themselves; but I'd love to see them hold more races).
I agree, series races are fun but tricky to organize. Especially when we do have so many tracks with in a 2.5hr drive from Birmingham. In your case, being as far south as you are, a series race with some Florida tracks would be a great opportunity.

I would say that someone should host a "Alabama State Race" . Just like we use to have at Oak Mountain and Shelby Co. But, I think the SIC is just another form of the typical state race format and idea. So it kind of takes the place of a state race.

Part of the real issue we have locally, is the major lack of hobby shop support. That's really were a lot of new people hear about the sport and get started. But, in turn, us seasoned racers should expect to pay more than mail order to support a LHS. I could go on for hours about this, so I'll save it for some other time.

I don't think what I say or what anyone else says should stop you from trying a new idea. You never know it could turn out to be the biggest race in the Southeast.
Good Luck,
Richard
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Richard,

I'm only about 30mins outside of Bham really; I'm right near Calera basically; so its 3+hrs to the Florida panhandle for me...

Glad to hear you're back in the hobby; hope to see you around again.

I'll be running Gadsden/Tbird; Wilsonville/NitroFever; and Maplesville for sure. We'll see what else pops up...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Richard,

I'm only about 30mins outside of Bham really; I'm right near Calera basically; so its 3+hrs to the Florida panhandle for me...

Glad to hear you're back in the hobby; hope to see you around again.

I'll be running Gadsden/Tbird; Wilsonville/NitroFever; and Maplesville for sure. We'll see what else pops up...

I was agreeing with you but talking about bige(OP). Their track is not far from Dothan. I know where you stay! I'm sure I'll see ya some time this year, I'll be runnin' those same tracks also.. Tell your mom and dad I said hello.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Richard and Doc, Nitro Fever will be hosting the RC PRO SERIES MIDSOUTH round #2 this year in June. SHould be a great turnout and a chance to race with some of the fastest in the regions. Nitro Fever will change layouts 2-3 times this season and have practice days(wed nights) once a month unless it gains popularity. Track was thought out a lot with it being very challenging for the pro guys yet still fun for new guys. This done with a lot of table tops and large floating doubles that are hit a slow speeds.

Check on the threads for the schedule, and I'll soon post the link to the entire series dates. It's pretty cool. If you(after 3 races) end up putting your sx8 10th overall in our division, then you are actually tied for 10th in the nation going into the final event. Actually worldwide because they have series running in canada, puerto rico, australia, etc...

Once at the finals you can either gain or lose positions. I was telling my buddy Shane how it would look good for Caster since they are a small company to put some cars in the national rankings. Same for the sx8.