R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down 8ight-t 2.0 rtr???

hi, im going to be buying a new truggy soon. and im contemplating waiting a few months if theres going to be a 8ight-t 2.0 rtr. right now im planning on getting either the x2 crt rtr or the associated rc8t rtr. i like rtr's cause you can up-grade almost all kit parts to replace the rtr stuff. plus when you do, now you got a spare set of what ever you changed. i like the 8ight-t rtr thats out now. but id rather have the jammin or the rc8t more. im getting a dx3r soon too so the good radio on the 8ight-t rtr isnt a factor. so agian any news on the 8ight-t 2.0 rtr. will be appreciated. thanx, clay unruh
1cougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cougar1 View Post
hi, im going to be buying a new truggy soon. and im contemplating waiting a few months if theres going to be a 8ight-t 2.0 rtr. right now im planning on getting either the x2 crt rtr or the associated rc8t rtr. i like rtr's cause you can up-grade almost all kit parts to replace the rtr stuff. plus when you do, now you got a spare set of what ever you changed. i like the 8ight-t rtr thats out now. but id rather have the jammin or the rc8t more. im getting a dx3r soon too so the good radio on the 8ight-t rtr isnt a factor. so agian any news on the 8ight-t 2.0 rtr. will be appreciated. thanx, clay unruh
I wouldn't expect it for some time. The 2.0 buggy rtr isn't even out yet. IMO if you are already getting a dx3r and you say you are going to upgrade to kit parts, you are better off just getting the pro kit/roller anyway. If you get the rtr you will end up spending much more money down the road. Better to just get the kit. And since you are already getting the radio that is the biggest thing taken care of right off the bat. You will just need an engine, pipe, servos, reciever bat and starter box(you will want this anyway)

What are you going to be doing with it? Racing or bashing? if racing you will be better off with a kit. You will want a race engine anyway and you will need some decent sevos aswell as a starter box. Much better to get the stuff you want right away.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I wouldn't expect it for some time. The 2.0 buggy rtr isn't even out yet. IMO if you are already getting a dx3r and you say you are going to upgrade to kit parts, you are better off just getting the pro kit/roller anyway. If you get the rtr you will end up spending much more money down the road. Better to just get the kit. And since you are already getting the radio that is the biggest thing taken care of right off the bat. You will just need an engine, pipe, servos, reciever bat and starter box(you will want this anyway)

What are you going to be doing with it? Racing or bashing? if racing you will be better off with a kit. You will want a race engine anyway and you will need some decent sevos aswell as a starter box. Much better to get the stuff you want right away.
+1
mfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree that it will be a while before it comes, I think it will come. I would expect it to come with the DX3i like the new LST XXL package.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
I agree that it will be a while before it comes, I think it will come. I would expect it to come with the DX3i like the new LST XXL package.
DX3S is what the LOSI XXL came with.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
DX3S is what the LOSI XXL came with.
Your right I typed it wrong, it is the DX3S.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

thanx for the info/advice. ill probaly be getting either the rc8t rtr or the x2 crt rtr anyway. i just wanted to know if anyones heard any news on the 8ight t 2.0 rtr cause if someone had i was going to possibly wait. well thanx agian, clay unruh
1cougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote