R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 8
Arrow Whats hot for spring in a rtr package?

I'm looking to getting into rc, any ideas where to start??
Maxxrevoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: south florida
Posts: 7,704
Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)
Default

looking to race? or bash?
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 8
Arrow

Little bit of everything anything great allaround?
Maxxrevoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

http://rc10.com/ae/rc8t/rc8t_home.htm#RS

How about one of these? Team Associated is a very popular brand you ought to be able to find parts for just about anywhere. Its a truggy so it should be fun in the backyard and at the race track.
__________________
Paycheck to Paycheck Racing
Jason Miller
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

+1 on the truggy, much more fun for bashing and can easily be raced...so many good ones to choose from, i wouldnt dare recomend one over the other so i dont start any wars..check with your local hobby shop (LHS) to see what parts they stock
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
BAUSTIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 356
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
+1 on the truggy, much more fun for bashing and can easily be raced...so many good ones to choose from, i wouldnt dare recomend one over the other so i dont start any wars..check with your local hobby shop (LHS) to see what parts they stock

+1
__________________
Billy Austin
www.Code3RC.com
Elevation Sports
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

+1 for truggy but let me reccomend this one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13687

For the price right now you can't beat it. Plus it has a better engine and electronics than the assiated does Yes I said assiated

The losi has an awesome engine and a dsm radio. Losi is also one of the biggest/ most popular brands out there so most likely you will be able to find parts easily. You would probably be able to find associated parts too though.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
8&stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In.
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
+1 for truggy but let me reccomend this one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13687

For the price right now you can't beat it. Plus it has a better engine and electronics than the assiated does Yes I said assiated

The losi has an awesome engine and a dsm radio. Losi is also one of the biggest/ most popular brands out there so most likely you will be able to find parts easily. You would probably be able to find associated parts too though.
x2

8t rtr nib was my 1st nitro. i only raced it and for that was great
__________________
Mark Buecker
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 8
Questions?? 8ight truggy! Who owns one & do you love it?

Looking to bash & might race. Don't have a money tree! Is this my best option?
Maxxrevoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Consider the R2 RTR CEN Buggy ...

cya,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
8&stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In.
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

your in indy close to hendricks co. fairgrounds. saturday a fella was racing the amain with an rtr 8t. it finished in the middle i believe. looked to be staight out of the box, maybe upgraded servos. if you have no transmitter id say yes this is your best option. the dx2.0 with 8t rtr&stock engine(mach 427 by sh)is superb for club racing and any level practice or non sponsered pro level racing. altogether a good rtr package. only thing you might do is get a better steering servo and move the stock 650 onto throttle. youll be good for 2 gallons(just be sure to set your epas up correctly.
__________________
Mark Buecker
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 87
Thumbs up

hey man, welcome to the hobby/sport.im sure you'll love it. i recomed a truggy 100%. these are the best ones, associated rc8t, comes in kit or rtr. 8ight-t, rtr or kit. or ofna jammin x2 crt, kit or rtr. there all great and im planning on buying the associated or the x2 rtr soon, myself. well good luck. clay unruh
1cougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8&stuff View Post
your in indy close to hendricks co. fairgrounds. saturday a fella was racing the amain with an rtr 8t. it finished in the middle i believe. looked to be staight out of the box, maybe upgraded servos. if you have no transmitter id say yes this is your best option. the dx2.0 with 8t rtr&stock engine(mach 427 by sh)is superb for club racing and any level practice or non sponsered pro level racing. altogether a good rtr package. only thing you might do is get a better steering servo and move the stock 650 onto throttle. youll be good for 2 gallons(just be sure to set your epas up correctly.
x2 but i'm not sure what you are referring to lasting 2 gallons. the engine should last much longer than that. and with a upgraded steering servo the whole package should last alot longer than 2 gallons.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net