Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help wanted With Savage

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help wanted With Savage

Hi New to this hobby and need some help please.

I ran my savage before christmas and did the after care after it was cleaned down, I tried to run the savage the other weekend got it started but the front wheels wouldn't turn either left or right I know the batteries were fully charged as I left them on over night to charge the humpack in the savage and also for the hand set I even changed the batteries in the handset but still the same.

Any sujestions would be great

thank's

Neil
Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

leaving the hump pack on over night would not have been the best idea to do but the best thing you could do is to buy a new hump pack and see what happens. it may not be the hump pack thats wrong with it but alot of stock hump packs screw up in the first couple of drives.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

a Hump pack WILL NEVER perform its full potential on the Very first charge....they need a couple cycles to get used to what they are doing....i cant COUNT how many racer's went and bought a new pack to only have it fail on the first quali and ask WHY.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Integra
a Hump pack WILL NEVER perform its full potential on the Very first charge....they need a couple cycles to get used to what they are doing....i cant COUNT how many racer's went and bought a new pack to only have it fail on the first quali and ask WHY.
my mate with a losi had to buy one cause it keep stuffing up and he went and brought a new one and its still going strong, im not sure if differnt brands are any better or if its just the names but yea.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

:-0

Last edited by scooter kid; 01-27-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

It may be the servo that's the problem. If you take the servo off, there will be 4 skrews on the bottom. Take them out and inside there will be a little plastic gear. You may have striped that and if so, you don't have to replace the hole servo, just the little gear that's in it. If that's not the problem, you might have to ask your local hobby store what they think it would be.