R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
That's allot of money for a 160 OZ servo. the Hitech 5997 TG or the JR Z9100T both have over 300 OZ of torque and i can get either one for about $100. I think its worth the extra $13 for double the torque, IMO
I agree, But I had a look and found next to 0 Places that sell those in the Uk, Or have them instock..
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #47
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
The rating is 200oz at 6.0 volts. I didn't say that the airtronics was the best servo. Only that it's my personal preference. I had several hitec 5955 servos that are rated at 333oz of torque and they didn't feel any stronger than the 94358 ones. Also the airtronics is a tad bit faster.

I also have had 6 of the digital TG hitec servos fry for no good reason as well but I didn't mention that as I didn't want the thread to become a product bashing thread. (Hitec did replace all of them for free so their customer service and warranty is excellent in my book)

I'm probably going to give hitec another try with one of their newer 7955 servos as they are not having the same issues as the older 5955's were having.
Sorry, I wasn't attacking you, i just thought for the extra $13 i would stick with my favorites. I think any of the big names, will give you a good product for your money...For what its worth, my very first non-RTR servo was a Hitech HS-5625MG I bought it on March 3rd 2002 and have used it in 5 different buggies almost every weekend, and it just died on me last week. almost 7 years for a $50 servo. That my friends is impressive! and no, Hitech will not replace it
Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
The rating is 200oz at 6.0 volts. I didn't say that the airtronics was the best servo. Only that it's my personal preference. I had several hitec 5955 servos that are rated at 333oz of torque and they didn't feel any stronger than the 94358 ones. Also the airtronics is a tad bit faster.

I also have had 6 of the digital TG hitec servos fry for no good reason as well but I didn't mention that as I didn't want the thread to become a product bashing thread. (Hitec did replace all of them for free so their customer service and warranty is excellent in my book)

I'm probably going to give hitec another try with one of their newer 7955 servos as they are not having the same issues as the older 5955's were having.

what were the exact issues your 59's were having ? which one's as well ? ALL 5955's ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #49
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't attacking you, i just thought for the extra $13 i would stick with my favorites. I think any of the big names, will give you a good product for your money...For what its worth, my very first non-RTR servo was a Hitech HS-5625MG I bought it on March 3rd 2002 and have used it in 5 different buggies almost every weekend, and it just died on me last week. almost 7 years for a $50 servo. That my friends is impressive! and no, Hitech will not replace it
I didn't take it as an attack on me.........

I completely understand what you meant. It's like that with lots of things. Once you get comfortable with a certain brand it's real easy to just continue buying their products. You prefer hitec and I prefer airtronics. Different strokes for different folks....
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #50
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
what were the exact issues your 59's were having ? which one's as well ? ALL 5955's ?
This was when Hitec first released the TG servos. I bought probably close to 20 of the TG series servos ranging from the 5996, 5997, 5998, to the 5955 models. I was using them in mt's and 1/8 buggies and truggies. I had the same issue with all the ones I sent back. They would be working perfectly and then poof. You would get no warning at all and then you would smell that burning electronics smell. I never busted any gear sets and I don't really bash that hard and I don't wreck very often on the track and I always set my end points correctly. Just the amplifiers were frying in them. I along with a few local racers probably sent back about 30 of the tg servos in about a 6 month period. I actually sent one back 3 times before I sold it with a vehicle.

There were a ton of people on all the forums complaining about the same issues as we were having at the time. So it definitely wasn't an isolated issue.........
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
This was when Hitec first released the TG servos. I bought probably close to 20 of the TG series servos ranging from the 5996, 5997, 5998, to the 5955 models. I was using them in mt's and 1/8 buggies and truggies. I had the same issue with all the ones I sent back. They would be working perfectly and then poof. You would get no warning at all and then you would smell that burning electronics smell. I never busted any gear sets and I don't really bash that hard and I don't wreck very often on the track and I always set my end points correctly. Just the amplifiers were frying in them. I along with a few local racers probably sent back about 30 of the tg servos in about a 6 month period. I actually sent one back 3 times before I sold it with a vehicle.

There were a ton of people on all the forums complaining about the same issues as we were having at the time. So it definitely wasn't an isolated issue.........

and when was this ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #52
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
and when was this ?

I didn't exactly write down the dates on a calendar to have for future reference. Like I said it was when they first released all the TG series servos. Start a new thread about Hitec servo failures and you'll see........

If I had to guess I would say between 2005 and 2006. As I previously stated I'm not bashing Hitec stuff in any way. I just had a bad first impression of their high end servos after sinking a pile of money into a bunch of them. They either worked flawlessly or would burn up. Hitec did replace all of them that I sent in for free so it wasn't too bad. It just made me find other high end servos to try like the airtronics ones. Then after never having one of them fail, I tend to stick with them now.

Last edited by MattP; 01-27-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #53
Tech Regular

I've tryed 2 alternative brand (IE not hitec/futa/jr ect)

"Scanner RC" they do the job but the are definitly overated in term of speed a 0.13s servo is closer to 0.16 for example. Overall quality is correct.

"Ino labs". I did buy a HGD 760MG for approximatly 60 $. I was shocked about how strong and fast this servo was. it's very close to these mighty servo from sanwa like the ERG VZ. I will probably continue to buy ino lab stuff.
Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Where can I order the 7950 & 7940? I have seen them at horizion but they are backordered. Is there anywhere that has them in stock to order?
I have been useing jr9100t&s without any problems just want to try another brand.
I got mine from Great Hobbies... They're a Canadian company. Now would be a good time to pick up the 7955... I think it's still on sale for $100 Canadian.

Don't know if they ship to the US or not.
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Hey guys, Well now have my Savox servo's installed. Going down to the track this weekend.. so can give you back some feedback. They defo have a good amount of torque and speed. And 1 thing I noticed is how light there are..
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote