R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ShootinBlanks

hitec 7955tg...myself and others in my club run these for steering and throttle both...because if you wanted to while running lipo's you dont need a regulator as long as your receiver can handle it...plus if you run no regulator you can get more power out of it then what it shows for a rating....over 400 oz if i remember correctly...and 2 of the club members that i race with run reacts and they love using no regulator's....
ShootinBlanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the replies so far guys, Im now going to write all the servo's down ect.. and do some comparison ect.. so please keep you thoughts coming thanks Jamie Kerr
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

The Hitec 7950TG just came out, so the 7955TG should be dropping in price soon...

The 7955TG is good for 333oz of torque.

The Hitec 7940TG would make a good throttle servo with a .07 transit speed.

Hitec gives you pretty good bang for your buck...
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #34
Tech Addict

7955....7955....7955....7955.....now why would so many people suggest these???? because they are very,very good!!!
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #35
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Joey Platinum why didn't you suggest the servo's with the cape, and the dirty socks stuck in the gears, the ones that you use in the fleetwood, when the moon is made out of wood and all the crabs are dying to boil cheese
Old 01-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

The Hitec HS-965MG will also make a good budged throttle servo.
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #37
Tech Addict

I did not recommend these servos . I only said to buy as many as you could.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #38
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I have owned almost every servo out right now and I keep going back to the Airtronics servos. I have NEVER had one fail and they have plenty of torque and speed for any buggy or truggy out. I like the 94358 the best.

Specifications:
Transit Time: 0.13 sec @ 4.8V, 0.10 sec @ 6.0V
Torque: 160 oz/in @ 4.8V, 200 oz/in @ 6.0V
Motor: Coreless
Bearing: 2BB
Dimension (mm): 1.54" x 0.79" x 1.47" (39 x 20 x 37mm)
Weight: 2.18 oz
Gears: Metal
Water Resistant: Yes

There really is no need for anything with more torque or a faster speed. These are some sweet servos that really can take a beating and they last forever. And the price is not real high as some other overrated servos.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24733
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Yea, I have lookes at a fair few UK online shops, And only found 1 place that sells them. Which I have used before, and had a hard time trying to get my order to me. So not going to go there, Im proball going to Stay with the Savox servo's. tbh..
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Jamie,

Nearly any offering from the big names (Airtronics, Hitec, JR, KO, Futaba, ACE) will work well for you provided they have enough torque and speed to suit your needs. For every "This is the bestest ever" story you will have a corresponding "This servo/brand is rubbish" story. Overall, all of the big names put out some decent gear. My personal preference is a minimum of 200 oz/in on the steering and 125 oz/in on throttle/brake. Keep in mind these values are what I personally consider bare minimums. My current servos are actually a great deal stronger than the aforementioned values but that is my preference.

On a side note, you exercised a great deal of tact in some of your responses...good on ya! With some of the responses, it could very easily have turned into another useless thread featuring needless arguing (as a great deal of these "What's best" threads frequently do).

Bottom line, my recommendation would be to get a product from a well-known manufacturer that meets or exceeds the specs I listed above and you should be good to go.

Oh, and best of luck in school.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #41
Tech Addict

I have discovered that once someone finds a satisfactory servo they do not try the other brands there could be a better servo out there than the 7955... very probable .. but this is where I fall short. i have a comfort level with the ones I have and I am not motivated to try any other servos.I take people at their word if they tell me brand x?x?x? is the best i am not going to bash them. I can tell you as long as i run my rc8 it will have 7955's in it on steering and throttle.I am runnig 1800 lipo and a MPI regulator. No problems.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstnboy View Post
Jamie,

Nearly any offering from the big names (Airtronics, Hitec, JR, KO, Futaba, ACE) will work well for you provided they have enough torque and speed to suit your needs. For every "This is the bestest ever" story you will have a corresponding "This servo/brand is rubbish" story. Overall, all of the big names put out some decent gear. My personal preference is a minimum of 200 oz/in on the steering and 125 oz/in on throttle/brake. Keep in mind these values are what I personally consider bare minimums. My current servos are actually a great deal stronger than the aforementioned values but that is my preference.

On a side note, you exercised a great deal of tact in some of your responses...good on ya! With some of the responses, it could very easily have turned into another useless thread featuring needless arguing (as a great deal of these "What's best" threads frequently do).

Bottom line, my recommendation would be to get a product from a well-known manufacturer that meets or exceeds the specs I listed above and you should be good to go.

Oh, and best of luck in school.
Thanks alot man, appreciate it. I have now orderd the Savox servo's. As A few of my racing buddies now have them. And really like them, They exceed the minimum tourque. And probally lighter than most if not all, and they are at a price I feel comfortable paying on my Student budget. I really appreciate eveyone's help. It has made me think alot more about the servo's, In more detail. And the fact the number 1 and 2 british drivers in the UK are running them, is a good sign too.. and pro drivers being signed are ever more increasingly popping up in rcspecial ect... Thanks Again Jamie Kerr

P.S.
Roughly=50 each
http://rcspecial.com/news/?s=savox

Savox-SC1256-Steering
Speed-0.15 sec
Torque-277
Weight-52g

Savox-SC1258-Throttle
Speed-0.08
Torque-166
Weight-53.4g
Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #43
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
The Hitec 7950TG just came out, so the 7955TG should be dropping in price soon...

The 7955TG is good for 333oz of torque.

The Hitec 7940TG would make a good throttle servo with a .07 transit speed.

Hitec gives you pretty good bang for your buck...

Where can I order the 7950 & 7940? I have seen them at horizion but they are backordered. Is there anywhere that has them in stock to order?
I have been useing jr9100t&s without any problems just want to try another brand.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #44
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I have owned almost every servo out right now and I keep going back to the Airtronics servos. I have NEVER had one fail and they have plenty of torque and speed for any buggy or truggy out. I like the 94358 the best.

Specifications:
Transit Time: 0.13 sec @ 4.8V, 0.10 sec @ 6.0V
Torque: 160 oz/in @ 4.8V, 200 oz/in @ 6.0V
Motor: Coreless
Bearing: 2BB
Dimension (mm): 1.54" x 0.79" x 1.47" (39 x 20 x 37mm)
Weight: 2.18 oz
Gears: Metal
Water Resistant: Yes

There really is no need for anything with more torque or a faster speed. These are some sweet servos that really can take a beating and they last forever. And the price is not real high as some other overrated servos.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24733

That's allot of money for a 160 OZ servo. the Hitech 5997 TG or the JR Z9100T both have over 300 OZ of torque and i can get either one for about $100. I think its worth the extra $13 for double the torque, IMO
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #45
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
That's allot of money for a 160 OZ servo. the Hitech 5997 TG or the JR Z9100T both have over 300 OZ of torque and i can get either one for about $100. I think its worth the extra $13 for double the torque, IMO
The rating is 200oz at 6.0 volts. I didn't say that the airtronics was the best servo. Only that it's my personal preference. I had several hitec 5955 servos that are rated at 333oz of torque and they didn't feel any stronger than the 94358 ones. Also the airtronics is a tad bit faster.

I also have had 6 of the digital TG hitec servos fry for no good reason as well but I didn't mention that as I didn't want the thread to become a product bashing thread. (Hitec did replace all of them for free so their customer service and warranty is excellent in my book)

I'm probably going to give hitec another try with one of their newer 7955 servos as they are not having the same issues as the older 5955's were having.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote