R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Its funny I raced electric 8th buggy last year and nitro MT. I started thinking that applying the smoother style I was using for the buggy would make me faster with the MT. I found I just could not time it as well, so I went back to blipping (Hardcore blipper here). I do feel I would be faster if I could figure out a way to drive without blipping, but I need to make some adjustments first I guess.

At the end of the day I am fastest focusing on the line than anything else.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWC View Post
I didnt mean YOU specifically. I shoud have said, when A PERSON or when ONE stabs the throttle around a sweeper. sorry
no worries, i just figured you were responding to me. i really do think we are on the same page here
Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I blip because I'm nervous
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

I didnt read all of the replys, but Blipping is needed with the nitro motors because of how the fuel is delevered to the chamber. When you are comeing off of the stright away singing at 45k rpm when slowing down the motor is still pushing more fuel than is needed into the chamber. If you do not blip to clear this excess fuel out you will flame out or have a little bog in the next corner. On larger flowing tracks you will see less blipping and on smaller tight tracks you will see it more. I try to be as smooth as i can with the throtal and only blip when really needed to keep the motor clear and ready to put out the power needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5gg8Bqu93A old video where the blipping can be herd pretty well.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #65
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
I didnt read all of the replys,
no worries....you didnt miss much....just a bunch of excuses for why blipping is wrong.

and remember...Only n00bs who cant tune there motor blip.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I didnt read all of the replys, but Blipping is needed with the nitro motors because of how the fuel is delevered to the chamber. When you are comeing off of the stright away singing at 45k rpm when slowing down the motor is still pushing more fuel than is needed into the chamber. If you do not blip to clear this excess fuel out you will flame out or have a little bog in the next corner. On larger flowing tracks you will see less blipping and on smaller tight tracks you will see it more. I try to be as smooth as i can with the throtal and only blip when really needed to keep the motor clear and ready to put out the power needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5gg8Bqu93A old video where the blipping can be herd pretty well.

+1 A little blip is a good thing...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Quote:

Why it's so complicated , Blipping is use to free the rear traction, so the buggy can turn quicker around the corner ( I think is some kind of drifting technic just like in rally cars ). Secondly, to keep the rpm in medium range, so the buggy can go full blast on corner exit.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Why it's so complicated , Blipping is use to free the rear traction, so the buggy can turn quicker around the corner ( I think is some kind of drifting technic just like in rally cars ). Secondly, to keep the rpm in medium range, so the buggy can go full blast on corner exit.
I dont use blipping to free my car up. I like the rear of my cars locked down. a sliding car is harder to control.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Blipping is needed with the nitro motors because of how the fuel is delivered to the chamber. When you are coming off of the straight away singing at 45k rpm when slowing down the motor is still pushing more fuel than is needed into the chamber. If you do not blip to clear this excess fuel out you will flame out or have a little bog in the next corner.

My feeling EXACTLY.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Well, I don't know for sure ........ maybe you are right too. I saw top drivers ( Yanick Aigon, Mark Pavidis, Greg Degani, etc ) did that tricks while cornering during IFMAR 2006-2007 championship in Jakarta, two years ago. Almost every corners they did that, not only after a straight line. I heard the waaa.... waaa.... waaa.... sound because I was taking picture on several photo spots.

After watching the event, I went home feeling wow and one week later, .... I have hobao hyper8
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Do it too piss off the electric guys
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #72
Tech Prophet

well i heard from one guy that bliping the throttle helps the buggy steer but only do it 2 times not a big blip it seems to really help on tight tech tracks .i tryed both and bliping the throttle a little bit on a tight tracks helps insend of rolling in the turns thats just me though, and rolling on the turns for some reason the buggy wont turn
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i would say blipping is natural or let say its normal thing for the nitros ..................each n every corner of the track drivers blip the throttle
mbx5rcr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I blip to break my rear end loose. Thats pretty much all thats about for me anyway.

Some people are different. Im no smooth driver, so bliping works different for me than maybe others. It helps me drive like a maniac. Which seems to do ok for me.