R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It has got to be a lot easier to go from 1/12th to nitro than the other way around. The guys at the 1/12th track told me they had never seen a 1/12th jerk through a corner - due to blipping. I am slowly getting the hang of rolling in and out of the throttle, but it has taken some work and conscious thought while driving. "Conscious thought" is very hard for me while driving.
mracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah 12th is good for 8th, the track time and the tire and battery management (was a bigger issue before) train you to think about the whole race. Throttle control is a crucial part of that.
gacjr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im kinda the other way around. I started with 1/10 truck (xxx-t). then I moved to 1/8 with an 8ight. With my truck, I had to ease on the throttle to not loose traction. With the buggy, I could just gas it and know it wnt spin out. So I was on-off the first practice day with my 8ight. Now I put a foam behind the trigger. Should smooth it out alot. Plus, I dont have the money for an on-off throttle finger! I almost balded a set of tires in about 15 runs because of excess wheelspin.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Tech Master

after reading the post i realized that not bliping explaned alot. i get carbon shoes to last 3 or 4 gallons, get longer run time and my tires last a very long time. so rolling off and on to the throttle was something that running electric 2wd mod tought me, and it really helped me in more ways than i thought possible. i never did it in 2wd or 4wd mod electric, so why do it in nitro?

thanks guys

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

It is all in the driver, some of us blip and the others roll into the gas. I tend to blip the gas, couldnt tell you why it just feels natural. I can be smooth on the gas when I need to though ie slick tracks, fuel mileage, etc.

As we all no an electric motor is instant power. No clutch to engage or spool up of the motor to hit power band. I personally feel thats why quite a few tend to blip. As I said it will vary per driver, but there are some very fast and experienced drivers that still blip the gas even having a tremendous background in electric rc. Here is a really good example in this video which features two of the best the rc world has to offer. It sounds to me as if both of these guys blip the gas.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF5h96M7Ilg

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135IL...eature=related
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Watch any pro race/racer....you'll hear Blippin ALL over the place....they all do it......therefor it makes you faster.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

I don't know if you call this blipping but this guy has mutiple world titles in electric and nitro onroad and this year he won the 2008 1/8 worlds.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpKwF4FguQ
Toycar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycar5 View Post
I don't know if you call this blipping but this guy has mutiple world titles in electric and nitro onroad and this year he won the 2008 1/8 worlds.

Yes that would be what I consider blipping. Nice video to by the way.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power View Post
You all need to tune your motors and adjust the clutches on your cars. You lose snap in your clutch when it constantly engages on/off, anytime shits moving it creates heat, the less the clutch shoes/springs move, the less heat buildup. This scientifically proven fact would explain the reason you all lack the punch needed.
??????: weird:????????you must be a super fast guy
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

X2.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
It is all in the driver, some of us blip and the others roll into the gas. I tend to blip the gas, couldnt tell you why it just feels natural. I can be smooth on the gas when I need to though ie slick tracks, fuel mileage, etc.

As we all no an electric motor is instant power. No clutch to engage or spool up of the motor to hit power band. I personally feel thats why quite a few tend to blip. As I said it will vary per driver, but there are some very fast and experienced drivers that still blip the gas even having a tremendous background in electric rc. Here is a really good example in this video which features two of the best the rc world has to offer. It sounds to me as if both of these guys blip the gas.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF5h96M7Ilg

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135IL...eature=related
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycar5 View Post

i already said why earlier . yes, a;; the fast nitro drivers do it
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I think it ultimately is a combination. There is certain parts of the track that there is a lot of blipping and some that require smooth throttle control.
jsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
Tech Master

I see a lot of excessive blipping in poorly set up cars to help control traction & rotation in corners.I also see it in poorly tuned motors.I just thought about it & I'm not sure why I do it also, but I cant do it in my electric conversion even though it has a nitro clutch on the electric motor. It only took 4-5 laps to eliminate it from my driving style & then I now switch back & forth depending on if I'm drive nitro of elec.I think even if chassis,motor,& clutch are all setup well it has more to do with how a nitro spools up power or possably the gyro effect of the pistin & rod. Like I said I dont do it in 1/8 elec but do in 1/8 nitro & as far as I see pretty much all drivers do it reguardless of driving & setup abillity.I was just watching Hara at the worlds race today & he was doing it in places too & you pretty much dont get better onroad racers than him in buggy so it cant be that wrong if used for its intended purpose,whatever that purpose is.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
HOUSTON HOUSTON HOUSTON INSIDE JOKE I AM TOLD

MIKEL
EXTREME HOBBIES WERKS RACING FUEL
H.E.S. AIRTRONICS M12 HITEC SERVOS
MIKESRCSTORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the funniest thing for me is when nitro blippers try to run electric and you see their car jerking through the corners as they're blipping the throttle
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote