Servos that compliment Specktrum Radio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servos that compliment Specktrum Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

I would use only digital servos if you can afford it. The JR 8800 or 9100 series are excellent choices. If you have the DX3R radio you will have to use all digital servos to use the 5.5ms frame rate. All the other Spektrum radios are in the 11ms frame rate.
Digital servos give you more holding power and are much more precise per the inputs of your radio.
Be sure to set your end points correctly for long life, no matter what servos you use.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried to go cheap when I bought my losi 8 kit and went with a jr590 that I got with a radio. The end points where set correctly. It lasted 2 quals and burned up.

I replaced the servo with an ace 1313 and havn't had any issues since. I use the 1015 in buggy and truggy steering and think they are perfect. I can't tell you what the warranty is like because I havn't had to use it.

To answer your originall question. Digital servos work great for throttle/brake with spectrum systems.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use digital and metal geared servos only
Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I use digital and metal geared servos only

yo do realize most servo's aren't 100% metal gears right ? then input gear off the motor is 75% of the time plastic.

Last edited by Integra; 01-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I run JR9100s for the throttle and a 9100t for the steering in my 8ight truggy. The so called throttle servo problem is non existent with these servos. I did blow up 2 JR590's within 2 months so the 9100's must be higher quality. They have run great for almost a year now. I use the DX3R radio and the only way to use the faster frame rates of 5.5ms is to use high quality premium digital servos. Digital drains the receiver battery faster but the pay off is top notch performance. I do think the 9100s is a little fast for my taste but with the expo dialed way up it compensates just fine. It sucks to DNF in the main because of cheap economical equipment. Buy it once and then use it to its potential. Just my opinion, it seems to work for me. I do want to try the futaba brushless servos. Anyone have any experience with them BLS351, BLS352??
Last sentance...Yep, Futaba needs to work on them, IMO, they worked great..then they stopped..
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Wow!!!!! I checked out some servos and they can be very expensive. Since I am not racing every weekend its tuff to drop $200.00 for both. Would it be possible to get a decent set throtle and steering for around $120.00. Would it be better to just keep the stock throtle and break and pony up the money for one steering really good servo.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Wow!!!!! I checked out some servos and they can be very expensive. Since I am not racing every weekend its tuff to drop $200.00 for both. Would it be possible to get a decent set throtle and steering for around $120.00. Would it be better to just keep the stock throtle and break and pony up the money for one steering really good servo.

yes then save for a nice throttle.