R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Exclamation CRT .5 Servo Horn Size

What size servo horn do I need for the steering servo so that it clears the radio plate when I am running the extended chassis. Because I am running full size servos it seems as if I need an extra long horn to get maximum travel without hitting the top of the plate. Thanks fellas!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Ya got me looking their, on one of my crts.5 I run a dynamite aluminum and the other crt my son has the cheapy, one size fits all ones on the dynamite one it has room at the top to be mounted up higher and the cheap one is in the top, and both clear the top plate without touching
Troubles Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
Ya got me looking their, on one of my crts.5 I run a dynamite aluminum and the other crt my son has the cheapy, one size fits all ones on the dynamite one it has room at the top to be mounted up higher and the cheap one is in the top, and both clear the top plate without touching
much appreciated! yeah, it was kind of a thinker, i know i was scratching my head for a while. ill likely go with dynamite horns for steering and throttle.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Tech Master

they are cheap and work great for the truck, what diff oils do you run, as I am still fine tuning mine
Old 01-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
they are cheap and work great for the truck, what diff oils do you run, as I am still fine tuning mine
i am yet to even fire mine for the first time. however, i have read all 70 pages of the forum, talked to a few local racers, and talked to the ofna tech who frequents the forum and im thinking 3k 3k 1k for diffs. shocks are going to be 60wt 1hole piston blue spring and 40wt 2small hole piston and grey spring. well see how it runs in the spring
Old 01-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Tech Master

I changed mine from 3,3,1 to 3,3,3, I have read them 70 plus pages and looked for better info, these trucks are simply amazing, at a track, I can keep up with the pro-buggies, doubles, triples, just don't be afraid to break it, as I tumbled down a 150 foot straight away, while talking to my son and only broke an upper tie rod link, drive it like an 8th scale and you will only want to drive it more and more and I run the little picco 3 port [ I think]
Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
I changed mine from 3,3,1 to 3,3,3, I have read them 70 plus pages and looked for better info, these trucks are simply amazing, at a track, I can keep up with the pro-buggies, doubles, triples, just don't be afraid to break it, as I tumbled down a 150 foot straight away, while talking to my son and only broke an upper tie rod link, drive it like an 8th scale and you will only want to drive it more and more and I run the little picco 3 port [ I think]
much appreciated info! why did you go from 3 3 1 to 3 3 3? how did it react when on 3 3 1? what changes did you find when you went to 3 3 3?