R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

I used to run Stickman's 2500 AA 5 Cell pack, and by far, the best NiMH pack ive come across. Ive made the switch to LiPo's now, but for practice and just messing around at the track, its the NiMh's that keep me going.

Ive never had 1 go out on me ( Own 6 to date ). They hold a charge EXTREMELY well, and till now, Ive only had 1 shrink wrap come loose ( Mainly my fault ). And that's it.

I couldnt recommend these packs more.

A+++ in my book.!
qaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The proper name for the 2+2+1 is the SRP2500-MUG. It is a 5 cell AA pack designed initially for the Mugen mbx-5 however it works in a lot of cars.

The 8 cell flat packs are for Transmitters. There is a receiver pack page under the products on my website that shows all the receiver packs and their deminsions.

I have seen people use them in the 808 buggy and they switch the battery side and the reciever side. I have managed to cram one in my MBX-6 but its a tight fit. If you ask me its worth the run time to take a dremel to your radio tray.

I also make a 1600 flat pack expecially for the 808. SRP1600-FLT

www.stickmanrc.com
Stickman!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FentonRacing11 View Post
Ive bought an Orion receiver pack as well. When you buy then what do you do to bring them to life? Ive tried cycling it at 4 or 5 times and only charges for maybe 4 min. and says its done. Can anyone help on this do i just keep cycling or try a lower charge rate ive tried at 1 amp should i go down to .5?
same pack here. i cycled it 6 times with a charge rate of .5 and still got it to take only 1508 mah. i'm thinking of slamming it at 2amps to see if i can get more out of it. i bought the orion 2300mah batterys for my m11 a year or so ago and they would take 2400 to 2500mah, and i could get 5 weeks of racing out of them, so i'm hoping that this pack will come to life. i've yet to run it in my car though.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Thank you. The 2500 mah was easily explained when I saw they are 8 cell. I thought you actually found a way to get a 5 cell flat pack up to 2500. I would love to try one or 2 of your batt packs, but no way they fit in my XRAY batt box. i might do the switch and try em in the RX box, they look and sound like the best thing out there.Thanks for the reply, Jaz
So your going to put your receiver right next to the hot motor...? Ummmm... please dont try that on a hot day.

Ever heard this one before.. "I don't know what happened, it just ran away!". LOL!
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #35
Tech Adept

I don't think you would have a problem with heat from the motor. The battery box is made of plastic and I have never even seen them warp or melt because of heat. The new MBX-6 battery box is even closer to the motor and I have my receiver in the battery side near the rear. I have had no issues with it overheating. But if you wanted to be safe I could see a concern here. That is why I started making the 1600mAh flat packs for the 808 and the MBX-6, so people would not have to deviate from the stock setup.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Stickman,
how much and where do you need to dremmel?
what rx are you running?
rpm1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #37
Tech Rookie

Im charging with an Ice. Ill have to check the setting. I borrowed someone elses 1600 for a raceday and it charged just fine in on the same settings. Ill try cycling it more tomorrow. What should i set it to discharge at? and what would you suggest setting the peak at? Thanks for help guys
FentonRacing11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #38
Tech Adept

I am using a 3+2 or the SRP2500-LOS, designed for the Losi 8ight. Here is the pic. I removed the little wall between the rx and battery portion. I use a small receiver also.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Oh, I forgot you have to cut out a portion of the box lids so they will fit back on. Like I said its a lot of modification but I just leave it in all day without worrying about charging it. Last time out it ran 3 quals, a 10 min B-main, which I won, then a 30 min A main, without a charge. I run 2-Futaba 9351's. The 9451 in the pic had some problems.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #40
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
So your going to put your receiver right next to the hot motor...? Ummmm... please dont try that on a hot day.

Ever heard this one before.. "I don't know what happened, it just ran away!". LOL!
In the ATL it is humid and hot during summer. No problems in that location at all.

Good Luck!
EllisDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

stickman rc the only way to go
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FentonRacing11 View Post
Ive bought an Orion receiver pack as well. When you buy then what do you do to bring them to life? Ive tried cycling it at 4 or 5 times and only charges for maybe 4 min. and says its done. Can anyone help on this do i just keep cycling or try a lower charge rate ive tried at 1 amp should i go down to .5?
i wish i didnt just read this i just ordered 2 of these 30min ago
SPARTAN300gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Stickman,
Thanks for the pics. Are your products available via LHS/Dist. or direct from you only?

Price on the SRP-2500?
rpm1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3asher View Post
I run the stickman 2500 mAh, with two digital sevos all day long for club races. On big race days I always charge before the main.
i love my stickman pack. its great and holds a nice and long charge
Spektrum DX2.0
maycam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Stickman battery packs are available through A-main and Mod Hobby. If you go to www.amainhobbies.com or www.modhobby.com and type in stickman in the search box it will bring all my products up.
The dealers page on my site www.stickmanrc.com will take you directly to them as well. Depending on where you live they might be at the LHS. I have shipped them to Hobby Express in TX, and Dalton RC in GA.
If you want your local shop to carry them send them to my site and they can request to become a dealer. Thanks