R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The 808 has an offset diff? I thought the only one was the losi.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #32
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Losi Stole it from Xray,, JK, yes the center diff is offset, the driveline looks more like a V than a line. Balance is awesome, best handling and jumping car I have ever driven. I'm hooked for life, freakin Bullit proof also, went up against a Tank, and the Tank lost!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Nice car Edumakated!

Does anyone race electric in your area? I know a couple in my area and I'm going to have to start a grassroots campaign to get a class together.
There are a handful of guys who race electric 1/8 buggies and truggies now on a regular basis where I am in Illinois. The number seems to be growing each month though. We don't have our own class, so they just throw us in with the nitros. We just fake pit stops every 7 or 8 minutes to keep it fair. No real need to separate nitro & electric at the club level.

See the electric 1/8th thread on the electric offroad section. 12,000+ posts. Shoot me a PM if you have questions. There are a lot of choices and new stuff coming out so it is best to research it thoroughly before making any purchase decisions as some of the stuff that is on the market is junk. It cost about the same to go electric as it does a quality race level nitro.

First you have to figure out if the tracks where you live will let you race with an electric. Most tracks don't seem to mind. Then you need to find out how long the mains are so you can properly set up the car with the right motor and voltage so you can run long enough. The right setups can do 20 minute mains easily, 30 minutes will require a battery swap.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote