Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Hot Bodies D8 Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anyone still run a hot bodies d8t tessman edition e-truggy ?
tekno will not make a v4 chassis anymore .
Old 10-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

You can look Art eBay. There are some Tekno D8T Kits. You can use the Rc-Monster too. I have both but I didn't Test both now. So I can't Tell you wich one is better.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the new jconcepts finnisher for mbx7-t or 8ight-T on d8T TE? I'm not a fan of the new proline enforcer.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pword
Has anyone tried the new jconcepts finnisher for mbx7-t or 8ight-T on d8T TE? I'm not a fan of the new proline enforcer.
I have run the losi punisher on the old d8t. Just needed to use the losi body mounts
Old 10-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i did look at tekno d8t kit on ebay and i cant find it there nope
Old 10-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why does no one run bellow bladders in the truggy? I even asked Ty and he said to run stock bladders even. I bought some VRP pistons and was thinkin put the bellow bladders with it?
Old 10-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SEF
Kyosho strr evo unis work (part# IS103). The only problem is that they use 2.5mm pins, so you need to use a kyosho wheel hub. Kyosho makes plenty of different wheel hubs, but I haven't found the exact dimension hub as the d8t.

83mm dog bone and drive cup works perfectly for the front center. Nothing yet for the rear center.
SEF, strr hub looks extended. doesn't it change the width of the truck? do you mind posting a picture? thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:16 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword
SEF, strr hub looks extended. doesn't it change the width of the truck? do you mind posting a picture? thanks in advance.
Yeah, that's the problem I mention in my post. No kyosho hub matches the width of the d8t hub exactly. Some are shorter and some longer.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by SEF
Yeah, that's the problem I mention in my post. No kyosho hub matches the width of the d8t hub exactly. Some are shorter and some longer.
The Kyosho MP9 front wide hubs = width of D8T hubs

IFW444GM

Old 10-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

I've drilled the pin holes on them to accommodate the bigger pin. No issues. Not a big deal. Took 4 minutes.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRiN

IFW444GM

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
I've drilled the pin holes on them to accommodate the bigger pin. No issues. Not a big deal. Took 4 minutes.
both great options. thanks guys.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylor19army
Why does no one run bellow bladders in the truggy? I even asked Ty and he said to run stock bladders even. I bought some VRP pistons and was thinkin put the bellow bladders with it?

The Bellow Bladders are designed to run zero rebound with the D815 which doesn't work well on the Truggy.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:30 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN

IFW444GM

Sweet thanks. Now I can run universals on my truck without changing track width.

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
I wasn't too sure about drilling out the universals. Didn't seem that difficult, but was too afraid to crack them. I'll try the Kyosho hubs first.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran into my first set of issues in the last year and a half with my D8T Tessmann edition.
Race conditions were - Indoor Motocross Park converted to an RC track. It's called the MotoDome and it's near Staples/Motley MN. - Ambient temps were between 30 and 50 degrees ferinheit - mixture of dirt and clay I assume.

Here was the issue:

Using the following equipment - Protek 170S Chad Bradley Servos (near new) (throttle and steering), LRP Lipo 2700 receiver pack (near new and fully balance charged), Futaba 4PX (Near new) and RX that comes with it (R304SB), KO Switch (might be the issue)...

Before my Qual Rounds I would start by heating my engine with a Comp heater for approximately 15 mins.

Go down start the motor on the box and run for 10 minutes.

Warm up for 5 minutes before qual round starts...

Refuel.

Start qual round.

Maybe 1 or 2 minutes into qual round - no throttle or breaks... or it would go to full lock.

end qual dnf

----

Next qual round I tried - replacing the RX, rebind, removed switch, replaced rx battery with semi old back up...

Same or similar result... loss of throttle... however steering still functioned fine...

---

So in Two of 3 quals I completely lost throttle break...

---
I am going to send the servo in - in hopes that was the problem..... but what might I be over looking?

Heat issue... Maybe?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ropalmer
Ran into my first set of issues in the last year and a half with my D8T Tessmann edition.
Race conditions were - Indoor Motocross Park converted to an RC track. It's called the MotoDome and it's near Staples/Motley MN. - Ambient temps were between 30 and 50 degrees ferinheit - mixture of dirt and clay I assume.

Here was the issue:

Using the following equipment - Protek 170S Chad Bradley Servos (near new) (throttle and steering), LRP Lipo 2700 receiver pack (near new and fully balance charged), Futaba 4PX (Near new) and RX that comes with it (R304SB), KO Switch (might be the issue)...

Before my Qual Rounds I would start by heating my engine with a Comp heater for approximately 15 mins.

Go down start the motor on the box and run for 10 minutes.

Warm up for 5 minutes before qual round starts...

Refuel.

Start qual round.

Maybe 1 or 2 minutes into qual round - no throttle or breaks... or it would go to full lock.

end qual dnf

----

Next qual round I tried - replacing the RX, rebind, removed switch, replaced rx battery with semi old back up...

Same or similar result... loss of throttle... however steering still functioned fine...

---

So in Two of 3 quals I completely lost throttle break...

---
I am going to send the servo in - in hopes that was the problem..... but what might I be over looking?

Heat issue... Maybe?
Those electric switches are pretty good, but I would run your car somewhere safe bypassing the switch to see if you have the same issue. If you do, then probably servo related. I just went through the same thing where I was having throttle issues in my buggy, ended up being the servo, but did all the things you said. My servo worked well when on the box, but a few laps in, it would act as if the engine was cutting out.

Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.