R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Would it be easier(cheaper) to get an 8t and then put the associated stuff, 8b driveshafts and a-arms on it?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It would probably be cheaper to do the Truggy. When I did this my LHS was clearing out the 1.0 buggys and truggies at a sick price and I walked in about 10 min late to get the last truggy.
If I ever convert it back I would rather it be a buggy anyway so it doesn't matter. I also got lucky and had some of the costly parts given to me and I onlu paid 29.00 for the chassis.
Read the signiture... It says it all!

BMI 1/10 & 1/12 Copperhead
Scapel, Losi 22, Jammin SC10, Wraith
rdcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

That looks awsome!!

I want to do what you did but use the buggy in its entirety and use a Slash or Proline body. So all I need are the SC8 bumpers and the SC8 body mounts.

I have an SC8 but also have a 8ight B as a wall decoration.
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcracer View Post
Nobody here is running the roll cage so I figured I would save the expense. The local dirt oval wants us to come out Friday night and run the oval. I thought that might be cool. They are across from Tampa Stadium and are having a Super Bowl weekend at the track. I thought it might give it some exposure. He has an unused track he used to use for monster truck events and is talking about making a true short course for these and slash trucks.

That track idea is cool. I think these trucks would look better and be more fun to drive on a track that is wide open, only has jumps like fast rolling singles and short doubles, elevation changes, and rough and bumpy sections. More like a real CORR style track. They just dont look right ten feet in the air.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Thats how I feel. We run them on a pretty challenging 1/8 offroad track with mondo doubles and triples and they handle this fine. I want to try a track made just for these. Wide sweeping turns where you can get sideways, small step jumps and such just like the real thing. Tomorrow night I am going to go over to the oval track and run a little to let the owner see what they look like. He has the space to set up a track at really no cost to him. He just needs to see an interest and rope off a track.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bustedpiecesrc

ive been doing a little research and the 8b is the same wheel base as the slayer, so you could have two different wheel base cars, the truggy is the sc8 and the buggy is the slayer just with a bigger motor. i suppose it depends on what people have a you local track.
Mugen MBX6 nova +4
bustedpiecesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:06 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy

nice truck dude
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Thanks
I am going to race it for the first time tomorrow,make that today. Can't wait. I ran it at the dirt oval last night and the owner was impressed. He is going to set up a short track using the oval and the area in front. We'll see how that goes.
SPEED had a great show today. World Series of Off Road Racing. I'm Stoked

Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Well I finally got to race it this weekend. I changed the shock oil to 45 rear and 50 front. and also put green springs front and rear. The truck handled very well. Boy was it hooked up. My new motor still hadn't come in yet so I had to run my old VG. The pinch went away and it died about 2 min into each heat. While it was running though it was a blast.
I hope this post has helped you guys.
See ya
Rich

Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #40
Tech Rookie

i would love you see that thing on the track live..next time you run it, have one of your buddys do a short video
Jrock927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #41
Tech Regular

I still have my old Fuji, the video is a bit poor but I'll try to get some shots this weekend. I am going to have to do a quick conversion back to the buggy next week as we are having a Florida State series race and they don't have a class for these yet and my 14 yr old confinscated my buggy.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Dude this thing is bad as hell!! I am going to make one. They are supposed to come out with the sc8e in april but this would be way better as there are so many more cheap parts on ebay for the old 1.0 ver 8ight. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much thankyou for the build thread. Do you know if the sc8 cage will even bolt up with mods of course but everything else was so simple I was wondering if you have looked into the cage?? Nice work!!
Paul Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #43
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Whalen View Post
Dude this thing is bad as hell!! I am going to make one. They are supposed to come out with the sc8e in april but this would be way better as there are so many more cheap parts on ebay for the old 1.0 ver 8ight. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much thankyou for the build thread. Do you know if the sc8 cage will even bolt up with mods of course but everything else was so simple I was wondering if you have looked into the cage?? Nice work!!
everything works with enough mods

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Like I said,no one here runs with the cage on. The Lexan in the body is real thick and I have had no problems with the chassis running without it. You really have to drive one of these to really appreciate it. They are so cool and 1 tire choice!!!!!. What a blast. I do believe when the racing season starts around the country these will be real big. That is if one of the manufacturers gets off thier duff and makes a roller at a reasonable price.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have an SC8 and was working on converting my 8ight buggy to truggy but now I decided to convert it to a sc8ight instead. So instead I just swapped the front and rear ends of the buggy to a truggy chassis that I got off of ebay. Also got F/R shock towers off of a T and installed those too. Still need to get the front and rear center drive shafts. Now I can use all 3 buggy diff gears and save some money since the truggy gears are too tall for the smaller tires used with these trucks.

This one is going to be powerd by a Novak HV 6.5 system. I got the systtem brand new, in box, off of a member of this forum because it was such a good deal but didnt have an idea what to do with it....now I know

So I still need to get:
Front and rear bumpers
Wheels and tires
8ight electric conversion kit
SC8 body
SC8 body mounts

I wont be using a cage on this one eather.

Teaser picts.

losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote