R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
No I had the servos radio and he included the sway bars. So Ijust bought the shock towers which puts me at 240 + 10 for the diff fluid. I would get a race roller for 330$ So I'm saving 80$ which is good in my book. also the guy said he didn't even bring it on dirt for more than 15 minutes. It is really clean and everything looks really nnice. I'm happy with the deal I got and this is also my first nitro so I didn't really want to break the bank seeing as I might not love it. I think my truck is going to be nice! Also I would have had to spend another 80 on a starter box and + since I'm a beginner another 60 for my accesories (like glow plug, fuel, etc.) I'm ataround 460 to 500 now and if I did yours I would easily be at 700.
What about the tires and shock towers? you wouldn't need those if you had just listened to us. You would also have a much better truck.

If you are buying a new engine anyway, and already had electronics why wouldn't you have just gotten the race roller.

just doesn't make sense to me. you will probably end up spending much more money in the end.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
No I had the servos radio and he included the sway bars. So Ijust bought the shock towers which puts me at 240 + 10 for the diff fluid. I would get a race roller for 330$ So I'm saving 80$ which is good in my book. also the guy said he didn't even bring it on dirt for more than 15 minutes. It is really clean and everything looks really nnice. I'm happy with the deal I got and this is also my first nitro so I didn't really want to break the bank seeing as I might not love it. I think my truck is going to be nice! Also I would have had to spend another 80 on a starter box and + since I'm a beginner another 60 for my accesories (like glow plug, fuel, etc.) I'm ataround 460 to 500 now and if I did yours I would easily be at 700.
what about the $80 for the set of hole shots that puts you at $330. and with the coupon I posted the raceroller would have been $305 so you've lost $25 so far

the engine I posted was a pull start -it was actually the engine you were looking at buying and all you would have needed was a set of rtr engine mounts to use it which you probaly could have gotten off someone on here for nothing and with the $25 you saved by buying the raceroller you could have bought a glowdriver and fuel is an ongoing cost anyway.

I don't mean to sound like a ahole but I've seen this happen too many times- a new guy thinks he's getting the deal of the century and ends up having to spend a small forture and eventually gets sick of it and quits

anyway enough said good luck and welcome to nitro truggy

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote