Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Go with a Jammin JPX .21..A Main..$229, great motor for the Money..You will NOT be disappointed..
Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Can I have some engine suggestions?
Mach 427 Spin Start.

You can pick these motors up off ebay stores for like 160 bucks
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i think I'll go with the mach but am still open o suggestions.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can I have some engine suggestions?
Why don't you look in the other thread you started. Theres plenty of suggestions in there.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...gy-truggy.html

I personally wouldn't have taken that truck. I think you would have been much better off with a new race roller for $305 plus shipping from amain. Starting with an rtr you have a much longer list of needed upgrades to get the truck durable. Also with a used truck you can plan on spending up to $100 to get everything in working condition. I would also look at the gear on that truck. Those 40 series tires are junk so you know immediately that you will need to spend $50+ for a good set of tires. Those servos arent the best either. It just seems like you would have been better with a new race roller. for the price of them now you really CAN'T beat it.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just sold a used 8ight t roller with all the aluminum King headz and GH racing upgrades, all drive train lightened, carbon fiber upgrades and body with upgrade wrap on it for 250 + shipping. If you look you can find a better deal than that.

Check out the thread and pics. click here
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

How are the wide off set wheels on this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of them?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How are the wide off set wheels on this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of them?
Those are MT tires. Bascially, they make the engine run hotter, put more stress on the engine becasue they are heavier and are bigger. What I would do is get a bashing set of truggy wheels then a race set when racing season comes.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is what I ordered so far. I have my radio and a servo with 188 oz. of torque. I ordered a pair of holeshots, a new sway bar, still deciding which engine, new shock towers.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Here is what I ordered so far. I have my radio and a servo with 188 oz. of torque. I ordered a pair of holeshots, a new sway bar, still deciding which engine, new shock towers.
What radio and what servo? IMO Holeshots give great traction on high traction surfaces but wear EXTREMELY fast. What tracks are around your area? They might have a thread on the racing section on rctech.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOST
It all depends on your budget. Why not just go for a mach 427? They are relatively cheap, easy to tune and have a heap of power.
+1 best value great motor
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bgbelden
+1 best value great motor
The Mach 427 is a great beginner motor! I still have it on my 8ight. Easy to tune and lasts a long time! It SCREAMS with a jp-3. One small complain-absolutitely no fuel economy. But all in all, it is still a great engine!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great, the holeshots are just bashers until the season starts chris. Also my servos are JR 8800 T digital High Torque Servos. Also I am going to my lhs and seeing what they have but i know they have a 427 so will probably end up with one. The radio is a JR x2i and I will be upgrading but its fine for now. I am going to be racing at barnstormers rc in new york. I think all my stuff is coming by this wekeend.This is going to be sweet!!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

so you paid 200 for the roller and your buying new towers for it plus sway bay and and a set of tyres to bash on, your putting new servos in it anyway. also need to change the diff from greece to oil -man that must put you well over 300 for the roller already and you've still got a second hand rtr with no pro chassis, plastic shock tops etc

oh well I guess theres just some people that don't listen to good advice

good luck and I hope it doesn't cost you the earth and put you of RC

this is what I would have done it's brand new has all the right parts and tyres to bash on

http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_cart.php

and if you use this discount coupon code you could have got it $25 cheaper

CALPJAN925 $25 dollars off on orders $250+

Last edited by RETRO RC; 01-20-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

No I had the servos radio and he included the sway bars. So Ijust bought the shock towers which puts me at 240 + 10 for the diff fluid. I would get a race roller for 330$ So I'm saving 80$ which is good in my book. also the guy said he didn't even bring it on dirt for more than 15 minutes. It is really clean and everything looks really nnice. I'm happy with the deal I got and this is also my first nitro so I didn't really want to break the bank seeing as I might not love it. I think my truck is going to be nice! Also I would have had to spend another 80 on a starter box and + since I'm a beginner another 60 for my accesories (like glow plug, fuel, etc.) I'm ataround 460 to 500 now and if I did yours I would easily be at 700.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
so you paid 200 for the roller and your buying new towers for it plus sway bay and and a set of tyres to bash on, your putting new servos in it anyway. also need to change the diff from greece to oil -man that must put you well over 300 for the roller already and you've still got a second hand rtr with no pro chassis, plastic shock tops etc

oh well I guess theres just some people that don't listen to good advice

good luck and I hope it doesn't cost you the earth and put you of RC

this is what I would have done it's brand new has all the right parts and tyres to bash on

http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_cart.php

and if you use this discount coupon code you could have got it $25 cheaper

CALPJAN925 $25 dollars off on orders $250+
X1000 much better deal here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.