R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhaun View Post
alright thats good to know, just didnt wanna look like an idiot out there.
unfortunately your first time out you will its expected and people will work with you, we were all new at first, try to make as many friends as possible ya never know when youll need a good pit man in a pinch
SPARTAN300gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
Tech Master

when you say "practicing", were you doing this on a track? if not, you might want to go to the track during the week so you can get use to confined places. i ask because you asked for a place to race, so i assumed you weren't practicing at a track.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

well i have been practicing on a bmx track in my neighborhood, there are always tons of rc cars out there driving, bikes dont even go out there anymore, its a great place to drive and its free
ajhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #19
Tech Master

well then, welcome to racing. think long and hard about this, racing is an addiction. you will come to the realization that is if you got into a crack habbit,,, you would have more money in your pocket.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
well then, welcome to racing. think long and hard about this, racing is an addiction. you will come to the realization that is if you got into a crack habbit,,, you would have more money in your pocket.
x2 lol

get in there, ask quetions, enjoy yourself and make sure your bolts are tight. any questions or probs ask again...
Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post

i already know that feeling, my family is a partial owner in a racing team, and i think very soon a partial owner in a track down here, we might already be, im trying to stay away from the big cars ( they got me in trouble) so i thought id stick with the little ones

but ya the addiction runs in the family
ajhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
Tech Master

Default first time out

I seen this threat and read a little just made me want to tell my store
i am 46 going on 19 but went to my first big race was a rc pro series and i just got a mugen mbx4 the mbx5 had been out for about 5 months and could not afford a lot of things but try to buy all the big names i knew so i got 2 jr servos os motor with like 10 gallons throught it after my first run i flamed out 2 times and steering was not responding well so after my race went a round asking fellows racers what to do most said it was a tuning problem 1 guy offer to help found out later he was not very good at tuning ran the next heat and the motor came off at 299 wow hot lean ding and all so need less to say it was about time where i was ready to quit next week went to a club race found what i would call the super fast guy in the bunch and after asking 3 or 4 time he was my pit guy and 5 year laster we are good friends

so remember find some one who looks like they know what is going on and who's motors run good and ask lot of question and like you have fun here lots of information and lot of great people

i know at teh age of 46 i am not going to win the worlds or beat some 16 year old kid who know how to drive and has god equipment but i love all the great people i race with

mikel oregon
EXTREME HOBBIES WERKS RACING FUEL
H.E.S. AIRTRONICS M12 HITEC SERVOS
MIKESRCSTORE is offline   Reply With Quote