R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror
Default Exhaust Question (Go 3-port Truggy/Buggy)

I have two Go 3-port motors, I'm putting one in an MBX6 and an 8ight-T. I have three exhausts available.

Thunder Tiger 2035 (rumored to be an awesome pipe, good for top end).
Werks WRX6650C 3014 (I hear it's a good low-midrange pipe.)
Jammin JP-3 (Don't know the benefits of this pipe.)

For the Mugen I am set on running the Thunder Tiger 2035 (same as the Team AE 2035 race pipe), because I believe to be beneficial on a buggy, but I could be swayed to into using the JP-3 if anyone believe this would be a better match for this engine in a buggy application.

For the 8ight-T I was set on using the Werks pipe, due to the Truggy needing a little more grunt. Again, I could be swayed into using the JP-3 if it would be a better match.

You can't say JP-3 for both applications because I only have one. But you could suggest I don't use it all and sell it too. Any thoughts, I am only now beginning to learn tuning through particular exhaust types.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Tech Regular

out of those options i wouldsay try the jp-3 and 2035
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Can't say about the werks since I've never ran one.

The jp3 and the 2035 are nearly identical in every way on the track. At least to me. But for some reason I always go back to the 2035, it just feels a little smoother all around to me. They get identical fuel mileage in my rc8 as well. I would recommend putting some jb weld or some epoxy on the 2035 stinger to the pipe body though. I've had two stingers get knocked off while racing. I now use some epoxy to brace it and hopefully doesn't happen again.

I would suggest leaving the 2035 on the buggy and trying both the other pipes in timed practice or quals and see which you like better. And it's always good to have a spare pipe so I wouldn't sell any..
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Thanks for the replies! I installed the 2035 in the Mugen and the JP3 in the 8T. I didn't use the works because it's new in the original packaging so I can still return it if needed. Good point on the spare, but if I return the Werks I can pay a few more bucks and get a new 7955 servo. Thanks again.... I hope the Go 3-port rips with the JP-3 and TT 2035.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
Thanks for the replies! I installed the 2035 in the Mugen and the JP3 in the 8T. I didn't use the works because it's new in the original packaging so I can still return it if needed. Good point on the spare, but if I return the Werks I can pay a few more bucks and get a new 7955 servo. Thanks again.... I hope the Go 3-port rips with the JP-3 and TT 2035.
Haha, new in box and returnable is different story. Full price is much better than selling used for half price. You can get a five dollar ofna pipe off ebay or ae rtr pipe to keep as a spare.
Happy Racing!!!
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Personally, I have ran plenty of fuel through the GO 3 port race in both truggy and buggy and I ran the JP3 in both. I tried plenty of pipes, and that one worked the best for me for performance and run time. To pick, I would run the 2035 in the buggy and JP3 in the truggy, but if I have that option to return the werks, then I would return it and get another JP3 instead and run it in both.
jsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmax View Post
Personally, I have ran plenty of fuel through the GO 3 port race in both truggy and buggy and I ran the JP3 in both. I tried plenty of pipes, and that one worked the best for me for performance and run time. To pick, I would run the 2035 in the buggy and JP3 in the truggy, but if I have that option to return the werks, then I would return it and get another JP3 instead and run it in both.
Good advice.. thanks, I wouldn't mind having a spare JP-3. They go up for sale locally so often I probably just pick up a used one for $20.

To recap, I did put the TT 2035 in the Mugen for now, not saying I won't change it later, but right now the engine will get broken in with that pipe. The 8ight-T has the JP-3. I'm curious to see how the GO pushes a Truggy around, for my driving skills it will be plenty, but I'm still curious.