Wiki Posts
Search

Your Thoughts On The Ravenger OFNA

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rstnboy
I don't know how much you have looked around at prices online so I am just throwing this out there. As someone else mentioned, the commonality of parts between your buggy and your son's buggy would be a huge benefit if you were to look at getting him an 8ight. Amain has the RTR version for $499 and the kit for $299. These prices are before coupon which would knock $25 off of those prices. An additional benefit to the 8ight RTR is the included Spektrum radio system. If your son finds that RC is not for him, the resale value on a Losi is much better than on the Ofna offerings.
I am with you on this and would do that but its a principle thing. Remember he is 9 years old. I dont want to start him off with some what of a top of the line buggy. I have already made this mistake in the past.

I am going to order someting today.

Picco

or

Hyper 7 TQ Black

Please help me decide!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Given just those two as options, I think I would go with the Picco. Although I am a fan of the Hyper 7 platform, it seems the Picco really offers a great deal more in features.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rstnboy
Given just those two as options, I think I would go with the Picco. Although I am a fan of the Hyper 7 platform, it seems the Picco really offers a great deal more in features.
Thanks for the reply. No matter what I go with I am planning on taking the pullstart out and replacing it with a roto start.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

I can get the picco for $280.00 at amain with cupon and I can get the 7 black for $270.00 at Nitrohouse. I like amain cause I can get the points and plus they are really fast at shipping. Dang this is a big toss up for me. My son likes both. He cant even decide.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Now my first choice would be to get him the rc8 rtr buggy from associated. This is a great buggy and he will have great fun with it. I know he is nine but spend more now and spend less later is what I go by. As we all know he is going to gget hooked and the two buggies you mentioned before may not last him as long as an rc8 or 8ight. Also if you are set on one of those too go to your lhs and see what parts they carry. Also see if you can buy it threw them because if you dont they will be half as likely to help you when your son breaks a part which will happen eventually. Betwen those though I would get a hyper seven because its proven. I have seen them run and they can keep up. The only thing is get him a better radio and also defanately change the steering servo out. There are some great deals in the for sale section of this sight on servos and radios check it out. Whatever you get just go with it and have some fun with your kid!!!