Wiki Posts
Search

cleaning after a race(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default cleaning after a race(pics)

i didnt think about gettin pics b4 i washed it.

I would like to see what everyones looks like b4 and after, and also what method you used ill start first.... Opinions are always welcome but please keep them friendly

My wing and shocks arnt mounted because my wing mount broke and im rebuilding the shocks.

BUT i used simple green and water.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

dish washer for the win!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by porkchop
dish washer for the win!!!!!!!!
rust
Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
rust
wd40
Old 01-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by porkchop
wd40
lol
Old 01-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use the dishwasher too. Run it on cool dry, half cycle right side up, half upside down. I usually take it out half way through the rinse cycle, shake it off, and spray it down with "break free" on all metal and moving parts and silicone spray on the plastic. Wd40 works ok too, but doesn't lube as well as BF. Since the water from the dishwasher is hot, it evaporates quickly, and will rust less actually than using a garden hose, sink, etc. I have had no issues with rust using this method for 2 years now. I used the same junk kyosho metal shielded bearings in my strr all last season, and they are still going strong. Between actually removing the dirt between moving parts, not just what you can see on the surface, and using a mil spec lube, I'd say I have about the best luck with wear and rust as anyone I know of.

I know some people have 20 hours a week to play with toy cars, I however don't. The dishwasher does the work, while I play with kids or do other family duties. porkchop races at mostly the same races as me, and I'm sure he can attest as well, that NOBODIES cars show up to the races looking better, or has less issues due to general maintenance than mine. the only difference is, I spend about 1/4 the time on it as most racers. Several here use the same dishwashing routine, and everyone that has ain't going back to the old method
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

pics?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi_racer
pics?
Of what? If you want pics of the truck, I'll be happy to post them up next time I dishwash it, likely after saturdays race. If not then, then after the CRCRC midwest race. Right now it's about half dirty from breaking in this new nova plus 4.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can we get pics of your dishwashers and wives faces when they find out you used the dishwasher?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
Can we get pics of your dishwashers and wives faces when they find out you used the dishwasher?
shit he payed for the dishwasher will use for what we want rc cars atv parts
Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
Lol, Like chops said, I bought it, I installed, it's mine. Really though, she doesnt have an issue with it. I wash all kinds of stuff in the dishwasher. Think of it as an 1/8th scale drive through car wash...... I run a cycle through afterwards to flush anything out before doing dishes later. Almost all dishwashers are magnetic drive, so it's not like you are going to wear them out...... I have seen pics here of totally caked with mud rc cars, if its that muddy I would of course spray it off with a hose first to get the big stuff. well, actually i would pack my stuff and go home before i ran in those conditions, but just sayin... Works great for me, but if people want to scrub for 12 hours with their toothbrush, more power to them
Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

I use air to blow off the big stuff and a WD40 soak if I'm replacing bearings or rebuilding. Normally I just leave it dirty, or dry clean everything with a 1 minute brush down. I have zero maintenance issues with the dirty dry method. LOL!

Dishwasher is interesting.... I think I'll try that before the next rebuild in place of my WD40 wash.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

iam going to cleaning it now

Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dishwasher . My mum would be going ape . Me, complete strip down. Only things that get water are the plastics (once the car is in bits), the carbon fibre bits (once everything is off, inc screws and nuts) and the main chassis and a slight rinse off on the shell . I'll show pics later of what 'dirt' is like haha
Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyy
iam going to cleaning it now
I guess you're still cleaning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.