R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
thats an awesome deal but i'm going to be buying this in beginning of february. So any other ideas on the engine?? How is the axial spec 1s and also where should I get the receiver battery and charger?? I have a charger but it has deans??
The 8ight-T comes with a receiver pack and charger. All you have to do is plug it into the wall. But if you want a better charge, use your charger and get a adapter that you can solder onto your deans plugs. I forgot what the connector is called, but it is small and red! I just soldered that one a female deans and plugged it into the charger.

never heard of the Axial engine. but I would look at Nova's, or RB's for ease of tuning. The RB S3 or S5 will do well.

EDIT: I was beat by 3 people when posting this!

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
The 8ight-T comes with a receiver pack and charger. All you have to do is plug it into the wall. But if you want a better charge, use your charger and get a adapter that you can solder onto your deans plugs. I forgot what the connector is called, but it is small and red! I just soldered that one a female deans and plugged it into the charger.

never heard of the Axial engine. but I would look at Nova's, or RB's for ease of tuning. The RB S3 or S5 will do well.
He is talking about the race roller which has no electronics including the batt.

If you already have a charger(what charger is it?) you can just make an adaptor like Chris said.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
He is talking about the race roller which has no electronics including the batt.

If you already have a charger(what charger is it?) you can just make an adaptor like Chris said.
WOW he changed alot. At first he was wondering about this Kyosho car, then the TTR ST-1, then the 8ight-T racer roller!

On a side note JAMMINKRAZY, How is the RB S5? Do you have one? How does it compare to other engines like the jpx .21, werks b7 team line, Novarossi Plus4, or v-spec? Im looking for ease of tuning, reliability, long lasting engine, with some power! It is going to be for a mid-sized track, Thunder Alley.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
WOW he changed alot. At first he was wondering about this Kyosho car, then the TTR ST-1, then the 8ight-T racer roller!

On a side note JAMMINKRAZY, How is the RB S5? Do you have one? How does it compare to other engines like the jpx .21, werks b7 team line, Novarossi Plus4, or v-spec? Im looking for ease of tuning, reliability, long lasting engine, with some power! It is going to be for a mid-sized track, Thunder Alley.
I love the RB. Makes plenty of power with a smooth powerband. RB's also last forever and tune easily. As far as comparing it to the others I don't have experience with all of those but I do some. It won't make as much power as a v-spec right away because of it's tight pinch but after 3 gallons it will start to come alive. I would still probably say the v-spec will make more power but the RB will last longer. In a buggy it is all you could ask for on a medium track. In a truggy I prefer the v-spec or my novarossi plus 21-5k. I would favor the 5k over the plus4 from what I have heard. You can get the 5K for $270 now which is a killer deal.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I love the RB. Makes plenty of power with a smooth powerband. RB's also last forever and tune easily. As far as comparing it to the others I don't have experience with all of those but I do some. It won't make as much power as a v-spec right away because of it's tight pinch but after 3 gallons it will start to come alive. I would still probably say the v-spec will make more power but the RB will last longer. In a buggy it is all you could ask for on a medium track. In a truggy I prefer the v-spec or my novarossi plus 21-5k. I would favor the 5k over the plus4 from what I have heard. You can get the 5K for $270 now which is a killer deal.
Ok good. because I think the RB S5 is going to be my next engine for my 8ight!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ok good. because I think the RB S5 is going to be my next engine for my 8ight!
Yup it will treat you well.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so do .21 engines give as much power and speed?? Also do any of those have pull start because I dont really want to buy a starter box?? How is the ofna picco .21b 3 port engine or the associated .21 Bx-rp engine?
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you are planing to race bro forget about pull start. One you use the start box you get use to it and you will look cool doing the start look like a pro..
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Well for the engines you said can I get a wand starT?? and can u give me links to a wand start that would work in one of the engines you saaid??
Old 01-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #25
Tech Master

rcgrassy, what city/state do you live in? Maybe we could find some tracks for you.

Spin starts come with the Losi 8ight, but a starter box is much better.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

yeah I live in new york and I know a few tracks around but I just want to get my truck hear by mid february so I could get it ready for the summer. Also you cant get roto start on the novarossi engines?? What is the difference between .21 and .28. Also will I need a clutch set up for my engine and what parts will I need for that?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

???
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
yeah I live in new york and I know a few tracks around but I just want to get my truck hear by mid february so I could get it ready for the summer. Also you cant get roto start on the novarossi engines?? What is the difference between .21 and .28. Also will I need a clutch set up for my engine and what parts will I need for that?
Clutch will come with the truck.

.21 engines are much better for racing and are used by 95% of truggy racers. they get better fuel milage and provide plenty of power. they have a more usable powerband for racing. all over much better engines.

AS for the starter froget about pull or shaft starters. sorry but you need a starter box. None of the engines I listed will work with anything but a starter box. Plus there pinch is so tight you would really struggle to even get them started without a starter box.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

so you think a used starter box off ebay would be good. I already have 2 6 cell batts??
Old 01-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

so can someone make me a shopping cart at amain or something so I can see everything I will need??