R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
You might want to check on that info Monty.

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=361
awesome , looks like peter got somebody else to make the bearings they are completely different looking than the older ones . i will have to see if he will send me one or two to test thanks bro , monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
awesome , looks like peter got somebody else to make the bearings they are completely different looking than the older ones . i will have to see if he will send me one or two to test thanks bro , monty
hey monty keep us posted if you do end up testing the new tko bearings it will be interesting to see how long they last
nover367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the new bearing from Peter today and installed it. It feels really good. I'm going to run it this weekend and see how it does. I think it may be the way to go if you want to run ceramics!
shotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

the one i got i think is the previous version. its got the black ring? holding the ceramic balls. it doesnt look exactly like the one pictured in the link.so, if its the old one and it has an offset i will be able to notice when i put it back together?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i run these 2008 bearings in my novarossi because the stock rear was junk and the crank started walking around and rubbing the backplate. Bought a front and rear TKO 2008 bearings and put them in. Ive ran quite a few diff ceramic bearings in engines and TKO is the only one ill buy again. Installation was easiest ive dealt with. Tolerances are also Perfect which i cant say they are for Boca Bearings.

If your thinking about getting some TKOs dont think anymore, just purchase and youll be happy.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

i had the same problem with my 21-5k earlier this year. i ended up sending it to brian from protwister and he got things straitnd out for me. maybe give him a shout on this forum or give him a call.
jammin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nover367 View Post
hey monty keep us posted if you do end up testing the new tko bearings it will be interesting to see how long they last
i'll give peter a call real soon , things need to slow down at work
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to let you guys know that I fired my 367 up after putting the new TKO's in and it purrs like a kitten! It really sounds good and feels like it revs faster! I'll post again once I run it at the track this weekend! Maybe I'll finally take first and have to owe it all to tko j/k!
shotime is offline   Reply With Quote