R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own an ST and I feel that the RTR is a good bashing truggy and it's very sturdy once you've replaced the knuckles and put some decent oil. The steering servo is not too bad and I'd say its somewhere near the capabilities of a futaba 9402 but a tad slower.

The only other negative feedback I can at this point is the weight - the ST is a pig compared to the other truggies out in the market, but if you love a challenge the go for it. Below is what I'm running on my ST

GO .28 engine
CNC knuckles (this is an absolute must)
Stock steering servo, futaba 9402 on the throttle/brakes
fiberglass brake disks
Aluminum center plate

Thats it all the rest- shock towers, shocks, pipe/manifold, wheels and tires came with the RTR kit.
Hobao Hyper7/GO 3port .21
snookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cougar1 View Post
thanx for the heads up, but im getting the st because all the crappy stuff, engine, servos, plastic parts, can be upgaded to the pro version where your going to buy that stuff anyway, radio, servos, receiver, battery. and as for the alum. or carbon fiber upgrades that come w/ the pro im going to be buying most of those to drop into my rtr. your going to be paying the extra cash for the kit pieces anyway. and im planning on using my dx2.0 w/ a new spektrum receiver. and ill probally up-grade to lipo. so ill have the same radio and all new good parts for just a little more $. and ill have all the old parts for quick replacement parts for my use too.. do you own a hyper st cause id like to get some feedback on what there like to own, ive heard a lot of people who like theres a lot. oh and one last thing. ill purchasing a 8ight-t as soon as the 8ight-t 2.0 comes out. maybe not right away but i definatly will have a 8ight-t someday. you know theres a lot of trucks/truggies/buggies that i want to own some day(believe me i have a list thats constantly changing)and the hyper st is up there at the top of the list. thanx agian for your info, clay
I do own a Hyper ST, mine is the one posted above for sale. I just dont have time for buggy and truggy, so I chose buggy. Mine is the pro version, I have done the radio tray mod. My buddy has the Hyper st RTR and another friend has the eight T RTR, and I have seen and driven all 3 on the track, and the HYPER st pro is the best IMO, and then the Losi. The Hyper RTR breaks allot, and the parts that are week, are all the cheepy parts that the RTR has, but the Kit does not, and the engine leaves allot to be desired, but you get what makes you happy. The bottom line is if you dont buy what you want, you will always regret it. Have fun, there's lots of help here, and on Ofna's website
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Sounds like you know what you want! One question though, if you plan on buying all the pro parts, why not start with the pro for 349.99 and spend the extra cash on servos, mill and pipe. There are alot of good sport mills out there to get you going. You said you have a spectrum radio and receiver to go into it right? i have 2 hyper st pro kits and have done the necessary mods to them. i think the pro kit is better if you get rid of the spider in the center. Get kyosho lightweight 52t spur, jammin diff cup, lightweight outdrives and internal bevel gears. Definately get the mugen tank and tank posts for it. I have one that has a 427 in it for an engine and it is great! The other has an os28 in it. Get what makes you happy because if you don't probably gonna regret it. Some peolple like to upgrade as they go which is great, but I'd definately consider the 349 price tag at nitorhouse for the pro. With the pro you can build it as you like with the rtr you will be tearing down and building as you like! Either is a good choice!!
rceefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I myself have the pro and love it, You said earlier that you want the rtr and buy the upgrade parts as you go so you will have back ups if you break them I have had mine for about 8mouths and have not broke a thing, If I was you I spend the money on extra parts like a-arms and thinks like that, I can promise you that you will not break your shock towers. Well what ever you buy hope you like it im sure you will.
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote