R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
dude, trust me...

The vspec is GREAT in a truggy. I ran it at my track yesterday, still runnin rich due to only havin about 1/2 a gallon thru it right now and i wasnt havin a problem keepin with anyone. The vspec has GREAT bottom end and Great top end. For 300(maybe lower if you find a discount) you cant beat it. in my truggy i pitted at 7 min and my pit guy told me i had at least 1/2 a tank left and this is runnin rich settings so im not gettin my greatest mileage. so with that being said i should be able to do a 15 race with ONE tank in the truggy after i lean it out. This is on a tight track so if ur runnin an open track where u use full throttle more then 10-12 would be easy to do. you WONT be disappointed.

Runnin a .28 is worthless in truggy, high end .21s will handle truggys just fine, ive ran .28s n my truggy and now the .21. I would pick the .21 ANY DAY over the .28. And like i said u get a good 3-5 min MORE run time with a .21 in a truggy

runnin .21 are perfectly legal in races. .21 is the BIGGEST you can run in a buggy and a .28 is the BIGGEST you can do in a truggy. You Can go lower, So runnin a vspec is a no brainer

Just my other 2 cents lol

+1 Vspec is PLENTY in truggy. 2050 Pipe and its plenty torque and runtime.... I'm going to try the JX because I keep hearing good things about it....
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhaun View Post
hey i know there is another thread up for this but he wants a .21 and i want a .28 that isnt incredibly expensive but stilll holds a tune and can compete. and a pipe also, maybe even a combo?
if your on budget get the jpx 28 w/used dynamite or jp pipe no doubt. no budget and still very good buy for the grp promo 28 w/pipe, just cant go wrong there. theres a lot of good deals to be had for 28's cause of so many non 28 guys. id surely watch ebay for a while. theres great deals to be had on new 28's frequently, makes me want to go back to a 28
Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8&stuff View Post
if your on budget get the jpx 28 w/used dynamite or jp pipe no doubt. no budget and still very good buy for the grp promo 28 w/pipe, just cant go wrong there. theres a lot of good deals to be had for 28's cause of so many non 28 guys. id surely watch ebay for a while. theres great deals to be had on new 28's frequently, makes me want to go back to a 28

why go with a .28 tho. I can run with .28 ALL day and they dont out run me.the only difference in racing with a .21 or a .28 is with a .21 ull have like 5 min more run time.....

btw underway, i use a jp2 with my vspec. its great on power. i might try my dynamite off my .21 grp tho

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

alright on amain the ninja jx 21 and the and the O.S. maxvz-b vspec r the exact same price. its between these two. the guy at my local shop is tellin me to get the ninja, yall r tellin me vspec
ajhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
why go with a .28 tho. I can run with .28 ALL day and they dont out run me.the only difference in racing with a .21 or a .28 is with a .21 ull have like 5 min more run time.....

btw underway, i use a jp2 with my vspec. its great on power. i might try my dynamite off my .21 grp tho

I agree totally. 21 no doubt. the guy says 28 so i was only refering to his demand.
I now see ajhaun has went 21 maybe tho. great choice. hmmm. i ran a vzb last spring and had bad luck(it was used was my problem). now in trug iv got a new just broke in jx and also running a rebuilt mr ninja(both 21's) and yes they are very similar to vspecs. jx has basically all interchangable parts as the vspec. either are great choice in a truggy. also keep in mind that piccos jammin jpx 21 is very similar to a vspec and run awsome in truggys, either of 3 vspec,jx ninja or jpx 21 would rock in truggy no doubt
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhaun View Post
alright on amain the ninja jx 21 and the and the O.S. maxvz-b vspec r the exact same price. its between these two. the guy at my local shop is tellin me to get the ninja, yall r tellin me vspec
The Jx Ninja will last alot longer than the V-spec because it has a hard coated crank. That is one of the problems with the original v-spec.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Losi racer.. how do you like the GRP? I am really looking at them for 09'
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i actually havent really ran it. ITS SUPER HARD TO TUNE....

i broke it in and then i took it to the track and i couldnt get a tune on it, at the end of the straight away it would cut out but other then that low end was great and it had great top end speed. but i only ran about 3 laps of tuneing b4 my servo went out. i think i did that settin tho servo up in the new 2.0 tho i was puttin a lot of stain on the servo, but i sent it in and horizion is replacing it(jr 8800 for throttle)

i should be gettin the servo back by soon, prob within a week. and then ill be able to tune it and really be able to tell u how i feel.

But there is a local racer who uses the grp in his truggy and buggy and he loves them. he had a 20 min main with his truggy and only had to pit once.im hopin i can similar in the buggy. but i already proved i can do it in the truggy with a vspec. i did 10 min main runnin rich and still had 60% of my tank left

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote