R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Purdue Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default JAMMIN X2 Truggy First Build

Ok guys I need alittle help. This is my first kit build so sorry if this does not make sense. I built my diffs last night with no problems, now I'm moving on to the front diff case. In the kit there is a group of plastic A and B blocks molded together along with some front lower arm holders. Also in the bag are two alum. blocks, one being an arm holder and the other being a B block. My question is which ones do I use, the Alum. or plastic arm holder or the alum. or plastic B block? The instrustion show the Alum. arm holder I think. I understand the handling difference between the two. Do they just give you extras or the old styles. Thanks again for your help. I'll probably need the same help for the rear.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
oldsavage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Use the aluminum pieces on the lower arms and the plastic upper B block. A good upgrade is the aluminum upper B block because the plastic one flexes to much. On the rear use the supplied aluminum pieces. A trick that I learned from the jammin guys is to drill and tap a hole for a set screw in the lower B block and the rear toe plate, also the upper B if you get the aluminum one, to hold the pin from turning and wearing the aluminum. This way only the arm wears and cheaper to replace.
oldsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
Ok guys I need alittle help. This is my first kit build so sorry if this does not make sense. I built my diffs last night with no problems, now I'm moving on to the front diff case. In the kit there is a group of plastic A and B blocks molded together along with some front lower arm holders. Also in the bag are two alum. blocks, one being an arm holder and the other being a B block. My question is which ones do I use, the Alum. or plastic arm holder or the alum. or plastic B block? The instrustion show the Alum. arm holder I think. I understand the handling difference between the two. Do they just give you extras or the old styles. Thanks again for your help. I'll probably need the same help for the rear.
yup match em up b and b or a and a ...the b is 22 degrees caster the a is 20 ...most people use the b blocks ...any more questions just ask i just built 2
x2's and have built several kits
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Purdue Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks alot so the only things in the plastic mold set that i'll need is the upper B blocks right? I'm going to drill and tap the blocks for set screws also. Thanks again for the help. I check this forum 3 times a day so any other advise or tips would be great.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
Thanks alot so the only things in the plastic mold set that i'll need is the upper B blocks right? I'm going to drill and tap the blocks for set screws also. Thanks again for the help. I check this forum 3 times a day so any other advise or tips would be great.
have a look on here for the (something like)"official jammin X2 crt thread" its got everything in there on it and its up to date
__________________
hong nor X2 truggy / novarossi / a trasmitter
koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
Thanks alot so the only things in the plastic mold set that i'll need is the upper B blocks right? I'm going to drill and tap the blocks for set screws also. Thanks again for the help. I check this forum 3 times a day so any other advise or tips would be great.
yes, good idea, no problem
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

see ,why didnt you just buy the $700 prebuilt???
__________________
Alan Hall
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
have a look on here for the (something like)"official jammin X2 crt thread" its got everything in there on it and its up to date


JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!!
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

you can go to jammin's web site and print the book setup, and there is a lot helpfull info there. i would get jammin's upgraded b block.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Joe_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I like Jammin stuff, but the stuff King Headz makes is even better. Already tapped for set screws and made from very high quality materials. Give it a look.
__________________
Jack G.

Mugen MBX-7 Novarossi Plus 4, Mugen MBX-6TR Novarossi P5
RC10 GT2 OS TG, RC10 B4.2 17.5, SC10 FT 13.5, RC10 T4.1 13.5
Joe_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Racer View Post
I like Jammin stuff, but the stuff King Headz makes is even better. Already tapped for set screws and made from very high quality materials. Give it a look.
+1 i have all the kingheadz blocks servo mount and motor mount ...hard to beat .....
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Purdue Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info guys. Last night I put the front end togther, it went great. I took your advice and tapped all of caster blocks, front and rear. I even tapped the upper A and B blocks to lock the king pins into place. Yes the upper B block does bend, even when tightening it up. The suspension was nice and free until I installed the upper A arms. It was tight between the shock tower and the upper B block. An Alum. upper B block would be a great up grade. Thanks again.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 05:16 AM
JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!! luis carballo Nitro Off-Road 1009 02-07-2015 02:53 PM
1/8 scale buggy nascarsimracing Nitro Off-Road 16 05-03-2009 06:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net