Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
best buggy tires and compound for the nitro pit??? >

best buggy tires and compound for the nitro pit???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best buggy tires and compound for the nitro pit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default best buggy tires and compound for the nitro pit???

going to the pit in feb and would like some info on what tires and compound work best for buggy???????
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for buggy
If wet M3 bowtie or holeshot for buggy also red EBT's work that is the red xbt and eclipse combo

Truggy hole shots and bowties are good. Not too sure about the AKA stuff.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

casey, do you know if it will be ran wet or dry?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default wet

Wet track, alot of guys are running AKA soft I beams and M3 revolvers, I tried them and still think M3 v2 Bow fighters Crime fighters in the front and Bow Ties in the rear work the best for me but alot of the experts were using m3 revolvers.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Wet track, alot of guys are running AKA soft I beams and M3 revolvers, I tried them and still think M3 v2 Bow fighters Crime fighters in the front and Bow Ties in the rear work the best for me but alot of the experts were using m3 revolvers.

It was my first time runnin my truggy last weekend and i went with this set up m3 bowfighters and i had GREAT traction. I havent ran my buggy w/ this set up but i did do m2 bowfighters on the buggy and it was so so traction
Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
casey, do you know if it will be ran wet or dry?
o and i know this is for casey but it will be ran wet, at least it has been every weekend im out
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You will be fine with Bowties or I-beams in the rear soft compound, and Crimefighters, or City blocks in the front soft compound. Either combo will give you tons of traction. The track does not really get blown out, and we were all using the bowfighters soft, until the AKA's came out. You will get slightly less traction roll with the AKA's and you can carry your speed into the corners a little better, and hit the gas a little sooner coming out of the turns with the AKA's. if you are used to the bowfighter combo stick with it. It will hook up just as good, and you wont have to get used to the AKA set-up. hole shots will not last through 3 races. I have not ried any of the other tires that have been mentioned. Nitro Pit is hard packed dirt, and its pretty dialed right now, but they may change it for the Nitro Challenge and then it will take some time to settle
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Alan It always ends up being dry track for the Nitro Challenge. and thats a whole nother story for tires
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yup youll want to take a mix of tire's. the only tires that will significantly wear will be your M3 holshots. AKA has the new gridirons and they wont wear as fast id run soft's. as far as tires for the mains.... ya everyone so far is right, take a few sets of m3 crimes, m3 bowties and m3 holeshots(ive even seen badlands work now that was crazy) the best thing to do is just watch other peoples tire selection. also knowing joey christensen(TRACK DESIGNER) he really hates his tracks from rutting so he'll most likely only water the outside line in hopes itll create a second line and also to keep it from dusting up. the track should slightly blue groove allitlle after day two. JUST HOPE IT DOESNT POUR LIKE LAST TIME. O YA ALSO I THINK MORE SHOPS LIKE CAROLINASRC AND AMAIN WILL BE BRINGING TONS OF TIRES THIS TIME AND DONT PLAN ON GETTING ANY FROM THE PROLINE TRUCK!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

thanks for all the replies....................just wanted to hear from the peeps that have ran there and what seems to work well
Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tires

One Hobbies just opened down the street from the Nitro Pit, It is the Nitro Pit hobby shop and I am sure they will have every tire out for the race. They will have parts and every thing you need, they might make runs. The phone number and contact info you can find in the Nitro Pit thread in the racing section.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donbeatya
yup youll want to take a mix of tire's. the only tires that will significantly wear will be your M3 holshots. AKA has the new gridirons and they wont wear as fast id run soft's. as far as tires for the mains.... ya everyone so far is right, take a few sets of m3 crimes, m3 bowties and m3 holeshots(ive even seen badlands work now that was crazy) the best thing to do is just watch other peoples tire selection. also knowing joey christensen(TRACK DESIGNER) he really hates his tracks from rutting so he'll most likely only water the outside line in hopes itll create a second line and also to keep it from dusting up. the track should slightly blue groove allitlle after day two. JUST HOPE IT DOESNT POUR LIKE LAST TIME. O YA ALSO I THINK MORE SHOPS LIKE CAROLINASRC AND AMAIN WILL BE BRINGING TONS OF TIRES THIS TIME AND DONT PLAN ON GETTING ANY FROM THE PROLINE TRUCK!!!
HUH? Carolinas RC is is coming to Arizona? Are you on the right thread? Am I on the right thread?