Wiki Posts
Search

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default HELP

i bought a new receiver thinking it was bad. but i installed it and its doing the same thing....

when the truggy is sittin there my steering servo twitches. then if i hit my throttle servo and my steering, the throttle servo will stick sorta, like it will stay in the last position for a split sec then go back to neutral. like i said the receiver is new, the switch is sorta new.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tried swappin servos????

Just for a quick test just plug throttle into steering and vise versa and see if the problem moves to the throttle doing it or stays with the steering servo. If it stays with the steering servo, swap out the servo.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by motoclay
Tried swappin servos????

Just for a quick test just plug throttle into steering and vise versa and see if the problem moves to the throttle doing it or stays with the steering servo. If it stays with the steering servo, swap out the servo.
well i think ur just tryin 2 fix the glitchin part, i dont have a big issue with that, my issue is that the throttle servo will stick when im moving both servos at once, i had a run away that caught fire last weekend because of this problem,
Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Are you running a lipo receiver pack with a regulator? I would still swap the servo connectors and see if you can isolate the problem.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

no, its a regular nickle metal.

they wont do anything if i switch. as long as i move one at a time there fine. as soon as i do both is when i have issues
Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm. You have a good one there. I would start by plugging in another power source (receiver pack or even 4 AA cells) to eliminate the possibility that there's some short in the receiver pack that only reveals itself when the power requirements exceed a certain level. If it still happens with a new receiver pack, then I would borrow another servo and plug it in to the steering channel first, then throttle to see if you can get the problem to repeat. If you already have a new receiver, then I doubt it's the problem. Heck, it could even be your switch. You just have to go through a process of elimination.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

either way, i would try to swap. But, if they lock up when goin at the same time that def. could be a receiver. But, at the same time, i wouldnt count out the transmitter either. If you have tried a couple different RX and you still have the same problem, i would swap, batteries, servos, change batteries in TX, check servo leads, exhaust all possible options before claiming TX, but it just might be???
Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcg33k
Hmmm. You have a good one there. I would start by plugging in another power source (receiver pack or even 4 AA cells) to eliminate the possibility that there's some short in the receiver pack that only reveals itself when the power requirements exceed a certain level. If it still happens with a new receiver pack, then I would borrow another servo and plug it in to the steering channel first, then throttle to see if you can get the problem to repeat. If you already have a new receiver, then I doubt it's the problem. Heck, it could even be your switch. You just have to go through a process of elimination.
how can a servo affect another servo??? ill go try the battery thing now. and ill get a new switch if the battery doesnt fix it
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

If you have a freyed wire that's only hanging on by a strand, the power requirements of one servo may not be an issue, but using both together might be too much load for the compromised connection. This can drop voltage below the level where the receiver can operate, and viola - your servos are stationary in their last position and you're WFO into the wall.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

ok, wtf

i just switched batterys and it wasnt doing it anymore, so i switched back to the original and its still not doing it. i played around with it for like 5 min movin back and fourth and still workin fine wtf lol
Old 01-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default wires

check all your wires and ensure none are contacting metal and or carbon fiber/graphite by any chance are you running futaba fasst

Last edited by donbeatya; 01-05-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: mispell
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by donbeatya
check all your wires and ensure none are contacting metal and or carbon fiber/graphite by any chance are you running futaba fasst
no
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default well

it cant be caused by the battery, it has to be either your switch or a circuitry problem witin a servo thats causing it to glitch.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome to a radio / electrical issue.......

I had the same issue, but I was using lipo and the regulator was the issue. For some reason the regulator couldn't supply enough current.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:35 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Make sure that first battery you tried is charged. I bet if you left it on there and twiddled (is that a word?) the servos some more, the problem would return.

My logic is that batteries, when drained, will "recover" slightly if you leave 'me be for a bit. Then, when you plug it in after it's rested, it works fine... for awhile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.