Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Searching Offroad track builders

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Searching Offroad track builders

I am looking for someone who has off-road r/c track building experience that is interested in designing and building an r/c track in our my (Oklahoma).

If you have these skills, or know someone that does and you/they would be interested please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Larks,
I've recently build an offroad track in malaysia, if u r interested in building something similar do drop me a line.

track info at
http://www.rctech.net/forum/track-lo...oad-track.html

May i know which part of OK wil the track b situated? as i hv my education in stillwater OSU
Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Stillwater, OK....Made famous by Kicker............
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Rookie

What track is this for? Were do I send my resume?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Larks
I am looking for someone who has off-road r/c track building experience that is interested in designing and building an r/c track in our my (Oklahoma).

If you have these skills, or know someone that does and you/they would be interested please let me know.

Thanks.
I have and is still in the process of building and perfecting my track. If you require info or help I will assist. I can help you with many aspects that you may or may not have thought about.
At the moment I am ;earning lots about the different clay types and how they wear.
From a dump site to now here is some pics.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7662977/tm.htm
Attached Thumbnails Searching Offroad track builders-before.jpg  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

I am a contractor and have built several tracks. Drivers Stands, tree removal, design, build, lighting, PA systems, drainage, even irrigation systems. Basically Turn Key. If you are talking about contracting the project out let me know. I can bring crews out to OK and we will bring some equipment, the rest we can rent as needed. Is this going to be a commercial site, parks and rec, or on your own land?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the replies.

At this point any real projects are pretty far off. I do belong to a club in Tulsa Oklahoma called TORC however not sure where that is headed at the moment. We had some people interested in financing/building a track however those people have sense decided for there own reasons not to. I understand and certainly respect their decisions. My question is more for my own knowledge and plans that maybe some day will reach maturity. I am interested in things like dirt/clay selection, time required to design, time required to build, cost to have someone (that knows what they're doing) come and design and build it.

Although it would be great if our club was thriving and we could hire a professional, however at this time I don't think that is the case. I am actually brainstorming for information to help me decide what kind of investment building my own track would be and also general knowledge about what is necessary. Who better to ask then the professionals? Thanks.

Sean, I think I have heard great things about your track skills. I would be interested to know what kind of pricing and your thoughts on what Tulsa needs.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

larks contact me at 417 459 7743
Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Sean-I decided to pull back on moving fwd with the track rebuild. As you know, Fireball was planning on taking Thur off and heading to Tulsa with the bulldozer to start. I will catch you @ the track on Sunday with exactly what happened last night and why the decision was made by those who were going to put up the cash to stop.

See ya Sunday.