Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP ZR 21X

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default R/C

RESTRICTOR 7 OR 6 AND A GOOD PIPE AND 20% FUEL WOULD GIVE YOU MORE TIME AND YOUR DRIVING STYLE

O.S ENGINES ARE THE BEST I LIKE THE LRP ITS GOOD AND POWERFULL
BUT O.S I THINK FOR THE MONEY IS THE BEST AND NINJA JX EB MODIFIED FOR ME ITS THE BEST OUT THERE RIGHT KNOW AND THE SPEED

GOOD LUCK
Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For the best results with the LRP run only Picco Glowplugs and use a MSR 1005 pipe...as well you can remove 1 thin head shim, there is 3 shims 2 X 0.2 mm and 1 x 0.1 mm..remove the 0.1 mm shim.................these engines are very pipe sensitive, they will run good on many pipes, but they will only make big power on certain pipes, the MSR 1005 makes huge power.... also a 086 is a good choice..... I find Picco plugs make the best power and have the most consistent running characteristics....... I also run OS engines, I have a very fast modified V-Spec, however the V-Spec does not make the kind of power these Picco based engines make, the V-Spec is smoother and more efficient but it lacks the hard hitting bang of the Picco's, and if you find your OS making more bang then the Picco you may need to reconsider your Picco's setup as you may not be seeing all the motor has to offer....
Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
For the best results with the LRP run only Picco Glowplugs and use a MSR 1005 pipe...as well you can remove 1 thin head shim, there is 3 shims 2 X 0.2 mm and 1 x 0.1 mm..remove the 0.1 mm shim.................these engines are very pipe sensitive, they will run good on many pipes, but they will only make big power on certain pipes, the MSR 1005 makes huge power.... also a 086 is a good choice..... I find Picco plugs make the best power and have the most consistent running characteristics....... I also run OS engines, I have a very fast modified V-Spec, however the V-Spec does not make the kind of power these Picco based engines make, the V-Spec is smoother and more efficient but it lacks the hard hitting bang of the Picco's, and if you find your OS making more bang then the Picco you may need to reconsider your Picco's setup as you may not be seeing all the motor has to offer....
what temp? and what kind of run times are you getting?????
i might have to try the 1005 pipe and the 086, and if you remove one shim will it still be ok with 30%???
Old 01-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nobike
Thanks for the info guys, anyone else have a setup there running? i hope someone has a setup for 8-10min runtimes......
i do.. just dont punch it all the time.. ha ha ha
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so how do you guys think the LRP will go with an RB 2045 pipe
Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LRP ZR 21X Parts

I just picked up a used ZR 21X with about a gallon and a half through it, the problem is, I can't find anyone who has parts for this engine. I called AE, who is the US distributor, but they were absolutely no help.

I'm looking for O-rings, a 7mm carb insert and rear bearing.

Any suggestions on where I can find these parts or suitable alternatives, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Hi.

Old thread but what the heck

I has a NOSRAM rs .21 rr (similar to the LRP). Thats an AMAZING engine!!! Run so smooth, goooood power, VERY easy to tune (also on 16% nitro), and never flames out (knock on woods ). Runtime is a little less than a few other engines. No carb issues.