Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RBMods RB WS7 vs Regular RB WS7 >

RBMods RB WS7 vs Regular RB WS7

RBMods RB WS7 vs Regular RB WS7

Old 01-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default RBMods RB WS7 vs Regular RB WS7

I got an RBMods RB WS7 and it has stickers on the box telling me to replace the front bearing after every gallon. Along with a sticker that tells me to use 30% nitro and Hot plugs.

Do Regular RB WS7 have stickers on the box telling you to replace the front bearings every gallon?

I heard if I heat the case, it's better to replace both front and rear bearings since it's not good to heat up bearings in the oven, but I don't want to replace BOTH the front and rear every gallon.

The engine is awesome though, Running a 2045 RB pipe, carbon shoes, 1.0 springs and the engine is still real powerful on the bottom. Very few engines scream like mine down the straight. I'm getting good milege 9~ minutes +.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

RB mods does an awsome job, I have a RB mods ws7III and a non moded ws7III and the moded ws7 ripps, has much more bottom end and screams on the straights. fuel millage is also much better, I'm getting about 9-10 minutes from the moded engine and about 7 with the non moded
Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Modified motors wear more quickly, as they can exceed the "practical RPM" range more often due to the mods. Keep in mind that connecting rods stretch/wear quicker, and bearings wear faster.
I would say replace after two gallons instead of every gallon, but do what you think is necessary to maintain. The front bearing isn't likely to fail, but it could cause tuning, and performance issues if you run a worn bearing too long.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

I have about 5 gallons on my moded ws7, and I replaced the front bearing after about 3 gallons. tore the motor down and checked it all out and everything still looks good, no play in the rod and still has tons of pinch. I still need to loosen the plug to get it to roll over on the box when it's cold.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wb-racer-ace
RB mods does an awsome job, I have a RB mods ws7III and a non moded ws7III and the moded ws7 ripps, has much more bottom end and screams on the straights. fuel millage is also much better, I'm getting about 9-10 minutes from the moded engine and about 7 with the non moded
how often have you changed your front / rear bearing?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

changed the front bearing one in 5 gallons
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I would say changing them after every gallon is a bit excessive! I would say don't change them till you experience tunning and idling problems or the bearings feel gritty when you turn them with your finger. I have three gallons on my BOCA BEARING Ceramic MX's without a hitch. Awesome bearings and great customer support.
http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.aspx?p=docs&id=34