Wiki Posts
Search

JAMMIN X2 Truggy First Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default JAMMIN X2 Truggy First Build

Ok guys I need alittle help. This is my first kit build so sorry if this does not make sense. I built my diffs last night with no problems, now I'm moving on to the front diff case. In the kit there is a group of plastic A and B blocks molded together along with some front lower arm holders. Also in the bag are two alum. blocks, one being an arm holder and the other being a B block. My question is which ones do I use, the Alum. or plastic arm holder or the alum. or plastic B block? The instrustion show the Alum. arm holder I think. I understand the handling difference between the two. Do they just give you extras or the old styles. Thanks again for your help. I'll probably need the same help for the rear.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Use the aluminum pieces on the lower arms and the plastic upper B block. A good upgrade is the aluminum upper B block because the plastic one flexes to much. On the rear use the supplied aluminum pieces. A trick that I learned from the jammin guys is to drill and tap a hole for a set screw in the lower B block and the rear toe plate, also the upper B if you get the aluminum one, to hold the pin from turning and wearing the aluminum. This way only the arm wears and cheaper to replace.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Ok guys I need alittle help. This is my first kit build so sorry if this does not make sense. I built my diffs last night with no problems, now I'm moving on to the front diff case. In the kit there is a group of plastic A and B blocks molded together along with some front lower arm holders. Also in the bag are two alum. blocks, one being an arm holder and the other being a B block. My question is which ones do I use, the Alum. or plastic arm holder or the alum. or plastic B block? The instrustion show the Alum. arm holder I think. I understand the handling difference between the two. Do they just give you extras or the old styles. Thanks again for your help. I'll probably need the same help for the rear.
yup match em up b and b or a and a ...the b is 22 degrees caster the a is 20 ...most people use the b blocks ...any more questions just ask i just built 2
x2's and have built several kits
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks alot so the only things in the plastic mold set that i'll need is the upper B blocks right? I'm going to drill and tap the blocks for set screws also. Thanks again for the help. I check this forum 3 times a day so any other advise or tips would be great.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks alot so the only things in the plastic mold set that i'll need is the upper B blocks right? I'm going to drill and tap the blocks for set screws also. Thanks again for the help. I check this forum 3 times a day so any other advise or tips would be great.
have a look on here for the (something like)"official jammin X2 crt thread" its got everything in there on it and its up to date
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

yes, good idea, no problem
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

see ,why didnt you just buy the $700 prebuilt???
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koenig
have a look on here for the (something like)"official jammin X2 crt thread" its got everything in there on it and its up to date

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...in-x2-crt.html
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

you can go to jammin's web site and print the book setup, and there is a lot helpfull info there. i would get jammin's upgraded b block.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I like Jammin stuff, but the stuff King Headz makes is even better. Already tapped for set screws and made from very high quality materials. Give it a look.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer
I like Jammin stuff, but the stuff King Headz makes is even better. Already tapped for set screws and made from very high quality materials. Give it a look.
+1 i have all the kingheadz blocks servo mount and motor mount ...hard to beat .....
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys. Last night I put the front end togther, it went great. I took your advice and tapped all of caster blocks, front and rear. I even tapped the upper A and B blocks to lock the king pins into place. Yes the upper B block does bend, even when tightening it up. The suspension was nice and free until I installed the upper A arms. It was tight between the shock tower and the upper B block. An Alum. upper B block would be a great up grade. Thanks again.