R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Inferno MP9 Engine Selection (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/264903-inferno-mp9-engine-selection.html)

artooks 01-04-2009 01:20 AM

Inferno MP9 Engine Selection

Hi Guys,

I am getting an Inferno MP9, and I am searching for the best engine, I am now between two models but other recommendations will be helpful to me, I am not a racer, I will play it on my own but still wanting a good engine, I was looking at

1) OS Speed 21 VZ-BV-Spec AL
2) Sirio Kanai EVO IV STI Tuned off-road competition

which one you think is the best one

and which other brands that are at least as good as these you can recommend, plus which pipe and headers should go with these models?

artooks 01-04-2009 05:28 AM

Please help, I am in an urgent situation a friend of mine will be buying it from states, so I need to tell him, thanks

Mark_Australia 01-04-2009 05:45 AM

Go Tech 5 port. Just as fast and lasts just as long, for 2/3 the price.

And before anyone says "oh but you get 0.2hp more of 2,000rpm more out of the Sirio or OS" it makes no difference on the racetrack ... and the O.P is not racing anyway!

GregH 01-04-2009 05:56 AM

Definitely get the Speed. Have them order you a 2060 pipe to go with it. This is the best combination on the market today. Forget the Go engines, they will leave you wanting to quit racing. The OS engines are VERY easy to tune and have tons of power everywhere. If you can get a Ninja OS, they are just a tad bit better from reading all the reviews with the same pipe.

Mark_Australia 01-04-2009 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by GregH (Post 5247326)
Forget the Go engines, they will leave you wanting to quit racing. .

??? why do you say that ???

GregH 01-04-2009 06:54 AM

I know alot of guys that have ran them. They will give you problems. Not every one of them but they had problems. Just get the OS and be done. It almost is too easy to tune.

Speedyrob 01-04-2009 09:29 AM

I agree and disagree i seen go port motors scream and os motors break the block and get 3 gallons of fuel and then need a pinch to get to run again it depends some of us have good luck some of us have bad luck and with all kinds of motors or cars. Out of the two u said i would say the new sirio nice motor plenty of power good run time.

shesha 01-04-2009 11:49 AM

What fits your budget, and what you can locally source parts of....no point getting any engine when u cant get the parts.

Also check the local dealer an engine is just as good if you have the right support.

I ran all three engines the Go5 port, the os vz speed, the sirio modified version of it, they are good, the go 5 port is got plenty of power the price is the advanatge, the os speed is a powerful engine if you are referring to the black magnesium head one. The sirio is also as good, select the engine to your budget and support, the rest is driving.

houston 01-04-2009 12:14 PM

:nod:novarossi plus4 you get great novarossi quality that will last a long time an easy to tune engine and a sweet looking cooling head that you will want to keep looking good :lol: seriously though a great engine :nod:

ezveedub 01-04-2009 01:47 PM

Out of the two selections you stated, the Speed gets my vote. As for others, I agree with Houston also for the Plus 21-4 Novarossi. Maybe slip a ceramic rear bearing in the Plus 21-4 also. The Plus 21-4 has a tuned crank also.

22Racer 01-04-2009 04:57 PM

I like the speed way better than the old v-spec but it still loses it's pinch fairly fast. If you run it rich it will last a long time. I have no experience with the Sirio, they look good. I would like to run the plus 4 to see how they are they sound really good.
For the price of the speed you can get 2 Go's, they are not hard to tune. I rebuild motors for guy's and the Go will run way longer before needing a pinch. My son just ran his Mp9 this weekend for the first time. He put in his Go 5 port, people always ask what motor he's running because it rips. I was putting in 60cc of fuel running 6.5 minutes. One of our friends has a speed and is sick of giving it to me to pinch and fix, he is getting 2 new Go's this year.

Rex

ezveedub 01-04-2009 05:05 PM

You cannot compare the Speed to the Nova on pinch. The pinch doesn't stick around like a Nova, but they still run fine. Only when the engine fails to keep running or power drops off dramatically is the OS done.

carson 40 01-04-2009 05:11 PM

novarossi 21+4. best engin ever. runs 12 min on a tank.likes to run at 170 to 200. mybe 200!

go team red, kyosho!

houston 01-04-2009 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by carson 40 (Post 5249591)
novarossi 21+4. best engin ever. runs 12 min on a tank.likes to run at 170 to 200. mybe 200!

go team red, kyosho!

i like this guy :D
novarossi . the bearing in the plus4 will last you forever it is 14x25.4mm , no real upgrade necessary :D dont really understand why its called a plus engine though , the only thing from the plus line is the carb:confused:

22Racer 01-04-2009 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ezveedub (Post 5249556)
You cannot compare the Speed to the Nova on pinch. The pinch doesn't stick around like a Nova, but they still run fine. Only when the engine fails to keep running or power drops off dramatically is the OS done.

Miss the tune on Os engine and get it hot and you will lose pinch, like I said it will last a long time if you never get it hot.

Rex