R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMizzle View Post
I promise you won't regret it! It is an awesome car!!
They are giving it away with all the "hop ups" that come with the car and not to mention the innovation.

$400 you can't beat it. I can see it easily selling for $600+
If you get one, make sure you locktite everything as the only thing that seemed to be locktited were the CVDs.
Thanks any other lil things I should do? I'm currently driving a sh z car and love it but this thing is to nice to pass up I'm lookinhg foward to your vid
Old 01-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #77
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

immediatly upgrade to aluminum servo horn for steering.
thats it so far...

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL FLAMES View Post
Thanks any other lil things I should do? I'm currently driving a sh z car and love it but this thing is to nice to pass up I'm lookinhg foward to your vid
Get back to the Z thread
Im checking this thing out , looks badass
Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I saw it first Z freak! and you'll be able to see it allot better up close in person soon

Tmizz how do you like that go 3 port I have the 5 port and it's the bomb but I was wanting something different also do you have any probs with the go carbs I run a rb carb on the 5 port I heard the stock is not that great thanks for any info
Old 01-26-2009, 06:00 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
I saw it first Z freak! and you'll be able to see it allot better up close in person soon

Tmizz how do you like that go 3 port I have the 5 port and it's the bomb but I was wanting something different also do you have any probs with the go carbs I run a rb carb on the 5 port I heard the stock is not that great thanks for any info
Mabye you could let my drive it for a few laps You will certainly win the bench race with it
Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #81
Tech Rookie

I raced with a guy who had one a couple of weeks ago and it was fast. Very stable and carried a lot of cornering speed. The only problem was hit was hit in front and snapped the front shock tower. I would carry extra towers just in case. As far as the rest of the car it is an impressive piece of machinery.
www.smxoptics.com
mjuriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #82
Tech Addict

Quote:

I really like the 3 port as it smooth and gets good millage. I actually have the 7 port in my car with the 3 port head because I like red. The 7 is just silly fast but really smooth on the low end which is how i like it.

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #83
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjuriaan View Post
I raced with a guy who had one a couple of weeks ago and it was fast. Very stable and carried a lot of cornering speed. The only problem was hit was hit in front and snapped the front shock tower. I would carry extra towers just in case. As far as the rest of the car it is an impressive piece of machinery.
ouch! if the car is going to break it will be at the track im racing at this coming weekend... check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyL8n...eature=related

I will report back on durability

Sponsors:
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
ouch! if the car is going to break it will be at the track im racing at this coming weekend... check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyL8n...eature=related

I will report back on durability
T-Mizz, don't leave the WC at home or you will be

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmouth View Post
T-Mizz, don't leave the WC at home or you will be
lmao. got it all cleaned up ready to go too. hahaha

Sponsors:
Old 02-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #86
Tech Apprentice

We want the test session report ! How did the baby? Any problem? Thx
Do you have the manual of the B8RS in pdf? Thx again
AndyItalia68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyItalia68 View Post
We want the test session report ! How did the baby? Any problem? Thx
Do you have the manual of the B8RS in pdf? Thx again
Ok guys, raced the B8rs for the first time this weekend at Rd1 of the HARC series with a few of the fastest guys in TX, including the RC Pro National champion for 08.

Only ran 3 tanks of practice and the car felt great. I did manage to crack my wing but the temps were very cold in the morning.

RD1 qualifing. I was in the last expert heat and TQ 9 laps 5:07, I took to the track on VP striker tires and was on a 10 5:17 pace until a couple bobbles but still finished with a 10 5:31, the only 10 lap run on the first RD.
New TQ

In qual2 team odonnell driver set new TQ with a 10 5:29 after a no mistake run. I get on the track to once again try to take it back but I broke a CVD pin (just the little pin that goes through the barrell) so I didnt make that round.

Last qual: no new TQ this round as the track got slower but not for the B8rs as I went on to take TQ back with a 10 5:25 to TQ for the day overall. The car TQed every time it hot the track. :-)

In the A main I got the hole shot followed by Team Xray driver Jake and we battled for the entire main until something strange happened and every time I came in to pit and got fresh fuel the engine would stall as soon as the fuel gun trigger was pressed. So 4 in pit flameouts put first out of reach but I still ended up 2nd.

TQ and 2nd was not to bad on the first race and no real breakage. I can't be happier.

Sponsors:
Old 02-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok guys, raced the B8rs for the first time this weekend at Rd1 of the HARC series with a few of the fastest guys in TX, including the RC Pro National champion for 08.

Only ran 3 tanks of practice and the car felt great. I did manage to crack my wing but the temps were very cold in the morning.

RD1 qualifing. I was in the last expert heat and TQ 9 laps 5:07, I took to the track on VP striker tires and was on a 10 5:17 pace until a couple bobbles but still finished with a 10 5:31, the only 10 lap run on the first RD.
New TQ

In qual2 team odonnell driver set new TQ with a 10 5:29 after a no mistake run. I get on the track to once again try to take it back but I broke a CVD pin (just the little pin that goes through the barrell) so I didnt make that round.

Last qual: no new TQ this round as the track got slower but not for the B8rs as I went on to take TQ back with a 10 5:25 to TQ for the day overall. The car TQed every time it hot the track. :-)

In the A main I got the hole shot followed by Team Xray driver Jake and we battled for the entire main until something strange happened and every time I came in to pit and got fresh fuel the engine would stall as soon as the fuel gun trigger was pressed. So 4 in pit flameouts put first out of reach but I still ended up 2nd.

TQ and 2nd was not to bad on the first race and no real breakage. I can't be happier.
You have some editing to do.... Holla at me later, I'm getting a early start today. 8:50 am and I'm headed out to the track

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #89
Tech Addict

forgot to mention the car also had the fastest lap of the day and that was set in RD1 when the track was pretty lose and low on traction.

Sponsors:
Old 02-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #90
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This car is starting to grow on me and i live in pittsburgh pennsylvania and i can almost garuntee that ill be the only one with this car which im fine with but i saw on wolf hobbies its 409 great price but they dont have parts in for it yet as far as i can see and im going to have to be my own provider so i want to make sure i can get parts in a jiffy if i need to so what im trying to say is has anyone ordered from wolf hobbies before how was there service and are they releiable.