R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #136
Tech Apprentice

Hi:

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that we are here to support all the TM buggies and more importantly all of the users. We have a growing stock of the B8 parts and if we don't have it we will airfreight it (on our dime) so you can keep racing. We have also been working with three manufacturers for a brushless conversion. The first has had it since April but haven't done anything. The second has had it since October and promises "soon". We just sent a car to a third manufacturer and things look really positive so we will keep you posted on this as well.

As for a racing program we have to confess that we are a bit slow on this. We are working with one person who we hope can run it for us but that is still at an early stage. We don't like to sound like we are whining but Team Magic refuses to pitch in even one cent towards a US racing program. No kits. No parts. They don't want to help because the market is too small. We think this is ...well... nuts! The US is the largest market for RC in the world. We have tried to make them understand but they won't bend. So for the time being it is up to us. Our promise to all of you is simple. We will reinvest ALL of our profits (and then some) to promote the US racing program for the B8, M8 and M1B Turbo.

If you are reading this then you are one of those special people that do not follow the herd and run whatever everyone else does. We are happy to support that mindset. I cannot check my PM very often but I will respond quickly to emails sent to us at info@wolfhobbies.com Let us know what you need and we will do everything possible to help.

Wolf
Old 04-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

after it starts to take off i think/hope TM will show more support i think its are economy that scares them the most .....but anyhow thanks Wolf small racing teams through-out the US will help the new buggy take off ...just let me know when one starts in the mid-south area id like to be a part of it please
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #138
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys!!
sorry i have been gone. The B8rs is awesome!

Here are some pics from my last race... i hoped to have some video but it was way to windy/dusty to bust out the HD camera.

I will be at the RC Pro series in Austin, TX in a few weeks if anyone wants to check it out!

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #139
Tech Elite

nice lid Tmizzle.....what manafold/header you running with the go? and did you change your river track set up at all?

good to see your back on rc tech
RCP Customs
Old 04-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #140
Tech Addict

I havent changed 1 thing on my setup from day one... thats the scary thing because i KNOW for a fact it can be faster with some fine tuning... I just havent had the time to go out and test and tune but there are plenty of adjustments that may make the car just that bit faster.

I havent been to a race where the B8rs is slower than any other car in terms of fast lap and consistant laps.

Its winner!

I have also yet to break any plastic parts on the car, diffs are still looking new, shocks are holding up great, etc... I plan to run this car for all of '09 and beyond. Im 100% happy with it.

It turns great, hooks up, jumps awesome...

I replaced the small CVD pins with Xray pins and thats the only thing i have done. They are like $5 for about 8 pins.

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #141
Tech Elite

cool man good luck with rc-pro in texas
RCP Customs
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #142
Tech Elite

...bump
RCP Customs
Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 AM   #143
Tech Apprentice

No reports nor news?
AndyItalia68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #144
Tech Elite

when i return to the states i plan on giving all the race results u can handle...i know their are more people running this buggy maybe there forum shy ....
RCP Customs
Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #145
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jborunda
Default header for the B8

Hi, i just received my b8, but my jp3 header do not fits, what kind of header are you guys using? I am Thinking in a os 2050 header will it fit?

Thanks

The car is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
when i return to the states i plan on giving all the race results u can handle...i know their are more people running this buggy maybe there forum shy ....
jborunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #146
Tech Addict

I am running a OS 2050 header.
The Werks header may be a good choice as well.

Sponsors:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #147
Tech Elite

How'd the race in texas go T'mizz ?
RCP Customs
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #148
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just thought i would chime in on my experiance cause i recently got this buggy. out of the box it is a very attractive buggy, but i would not say it is xray quality , sorry. it has some wierd quarks like the turn buckles turning on there own from driving. the stock shock springs are to stiff causing the buggy to bounce around the track.that can be fixed though. the nuts that secure the shocks on the shock tower are not lock nuts and fell off even when loctite was used. that wouldn't be a problem but the nuts / bolts in this area are a wierd size (6mm). i dont know where to find the correct replacement stuff so i just had to rig it. ive only driven it once so far. the cvd pin that is pressed in on the diff side came out and cant be replaced with the xray pins . i tryed to put it back in but i predict it falling out and getting lost this weekend.
now thats the negitive. the good side is it is a performer on the track. it turns great, gets up and moves and even though the shock springs are stiff the car doesnt seem out of sorts . the car and i seem to agree with one another even though it could feel better with set up work.i beat the hell out of my rc's and i was not easy on this one. i put it through its paces and aside from what was mentioned above there was no breakage which is surprising considering it doesnt look that durable . there are signs of general ware beyond what my xray would have. fyi fellas
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #149
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Ninjulih

Hi guys!

I raced with my new TM B8RS last weekend (local race), and I must say its awesome car right out of box! It rly turns nicely and goes smoothly on bumps. Ofcrs it can be lots better, but it depens mostly if I can setup it

Anyway, I saw that ppl have problems with CVD pins, both ends of CVD. I use two lock screw on joint and I didnt have any problems with broken pins.

And about pins from diff side, have you guys noticed that all CVD has this text on it. Which tells u the lenght of CVD. so far I have seen that all cars have same front CVDs, with text "XXX,Xmm". And in rear its same "XXX,Xmm" but, some cars, in rear have CVDs with text "LENGHT XXX,Xmm REAR" and it seems that those CVDs do lose diff side pins!?
Can you guys, who have lost diff side pins, check that if u have that "REAR" text there! So we can be sure about this
Luckily I have same CVD all around(ofcourse lenght is different front and rear)

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

i can confirm that 1 of my back cvd's specifies "rear" in text and this is in fact the cvd that had the pin come out on the diff side. very observant of you to figure this out. how many of these cars have you seen run? or are you a dealer ? when my pin came out it lodged itself in the back A-arm. I put locktight on the pin and squeezed the @%$# out of thr cvd ball with some channel locks and it seems to have worked cause it didnt come out again (yet). i found you can get softer shock springs from a place called "rc shopping". they ship from overseas so im still waiting on mine. just an fyi
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote