Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pls Help!!! Any one use HoBao Mach 28 engine before? kindly advise & explain. >

Pls Help!!! Any one use HoBao Mach 28 engine before? kindly advise & explain.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pls Help!!! Any one use HoBao Mach 28 engine before? kindly advise & explain.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Pls Help!!! Any one use HoBao Mach 28 engine before? kindly advise & explain.

Good days guys , Im a newbie, I'm planning to get a hobao mach 28 engine for my buggy ride, wanna get some help, explain & advise from all of you si-fu. Anyone use Mach 28 engine before? Do anyone know the Spec of the engine? Is that a good engine? What is the differents between with pull start version & non-pull start version? Will it be the power differents between pull start version & non-pull start version? Thanks alots guys pls help & advise.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

are you just bashing or planin to race
Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nover367
are you just bashing or planin to race
Hi Thanks for the reply, I just bashing around with some friends for fun, not for compettion race.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hannzel
Good days guys , Im a newbie, I'm planning to get a hobao mach 28 engine for my buggy ride, wanna get some help, explain & advise from all of you si-fu. Anyone use Mach 28 engine before? Do anyone know the Spec of the engine? Is that a good engine? What is the differents between with pull start version & non-pull start version? Will it be the power differents between pull start version & non-pull start version? Thanks alots guys pls help & advise.
Good engine, and no there isnt a difference its just your preference on wich you would like to choose (i like pull start the best)
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Thanks for the reply, I just bashing around with some friends for fun, not for compettion race.
look in all honesty there a shit engine wont go fast at all youll be better off with a axial .28rr or 1s
Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nover367
look in all honesty there a shit engine wont go fast at all youll be better off with a axial .28rr or 1s

i guess its an ok engine, but i would go with the axial it should be cheaper and probably better
Old 01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
i guess its an ok engine, but i would go with the axial it should be cheaper and probably better
no probablies about it mach is so shit even though it made by dynamight they dont even advertise the engine as there own they want to disown it lol look its a crapy rtr engine so dont go with it
Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, Guys Thanks for all your advise & reply? I just looking for a value engine apply my on my RTR buggy, I guess i spoiled my Go .21 engine with bad compression hehehe... Im still a newbie still learning how to drive properly . Axial Engine will be more cheaper then Hobao? What other kind of cheap engine you guys recommand? Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Hi, Guys Thanks for all your advise & reply? I just looking for a value engine apply my on my RTR buggy, I guess i spoiled my Go .21 engine with bad compression hehehe... Im still a newbie still learning how to drive properly . Axial Engine will be more cheaper then Hobao? What other kind of cheap engine you guys recommand? Thanks
Well as long as your Go .21 was properly maintained and only used so much it has lost compression. send in the piston/sleeve to OSROCKET and get it pinched.. 21.99 after shipping cost and he will work some magic (you can talk to him as well if you want..)

I have a friend that bought the axial and it is a monster.. don't know how it lasts since he rarely runs with us.. but its got gobs of low end and mid power..

I bought a Sportwerks .26v2 (discontinued) and its a real screamer for the price too..$119 at the time last year...

For a really good inexpensive power plant either get another Go .21 5port new from Amain for $209 (or elsewhere maybe cheaper) ...
Or look for that killer deal on Rctech.net! (shameless I know).. just be careful.. don't buy that "only has 1 gallon" engine that looks like its never been cleaned... 1 gallon and abused is much much much worse than 5 gallons and maintained...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Dear all. Thanks for all the advise, explain & help...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mach 28

I have both engines the Axail 28rr and the Mach 28 I like the Mach 28 over the Axail
Mach 28 pros
lots of power in a buggy great power band
great fuel consumption 71/2 minutes 125ml tank
cons
runs hot 270f but this is normal for this engine and hasn't effected the longevity of it
you could removed 1 of the head shims to get it to run cooler but I wouldn't it isn't that much of a difference.
Axail 28rr
lots of power in a buggy great power band
cons
Bad fuel consumption 5 minutes 125ml tank

If I was to buy another cheapy engine it would probally be a Mach 28, 5min tanks doesn't help win races. But I have moved on form cheapy engines.