Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
novarossi 367 plus 2 >

novarossi 367 plus 2

novarossi 367 plus 2

Old 01-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by houston
if you have a friend who has a few extra pipes in his box see if you can run a couple combos of pipes and see what you think is best . if you are going with a super long header i would reccomend an 9886 pipe to increase the powerband as your long header will make up for the short pipe in the volume dept. . 9886 pipe doesn't necessarily decrease low end power but actually increases the powerband effect of an engine i dont know much but i do know nitro big block theory 101 , i passed that course
happy motorin' ,
monty
just dont use jp pipes !!!
by increasing the power band does that mean itl take a bit longer to rev out by making it run smoother
Old 01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Sorry to confuse....To clarify between the 2 pipes 9901 and 9853 the 9901 is the bottom pipe and the 9853 is the mid top pipe. This is what I have found.

I am not comparing the Nova 9853 to any other brand pipe. I pretty much stick to these two pipes. Im sure others have found other good combos but I like to limit my options so I can concentrate on other things.

I have run the Long round short round short square and long square.
I go with the short round and 9853 for buggy with the my current engines.
thanks for the explination
Old 01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nover367
by increasing the power band does that mean itl take a bit longer to rev out by making it run smoother
engines get on the pipe faster and with more explosion with this pipe

let me just say that i have been driving , tuning , testing and enhancing engine performance for a while and am not new to the nitro scene by any means. i have tested so many things it gets very hard to keep up with everything but i love to do it . there are many people who run engines by houstons engine service locally and that is kind of how i like to keep it , otherwise it gets very hard to keep up with everything . i know quite a few of the super fast guys and have finished in first above a good dozen of them . bottom line is i know what i recommend works the way i say it will .
happy motorin' ,
monty
Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

engines get on the pipe faster and with more explosion with this pipe

let me just say that i have been driving , tuning , testing and enhancing engine performance for a while and am not new to the nitro scene by any means. i have tested so many things it gets very hard to keep up with everything but i love to do it . there are many people who run engines by houstons engine service locally and that is kind of how i like to keep it , otherwise it gets very hard to keep up with everything . i know quite a few of the super fast guys and have finished in first above a good dozen of them . bottom line is i know what i recommend works the way i say it will .
happy motorin' ,
monty
i dont doubt your experience at all ill give the 9886 a go then if itl increase my acceleration
Old 01-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Any updates on the 367? How are you liking it? Just curious because I am thinking of buying one.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Also on a technical note can anyone explain the crankshaft specs for the 367? I have read a few descriptions on the motor and a few have said the crank is hard coated, epoxy filled, double balancing slugs, etc. Just want the low down on the crank. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Also on a technical note can anyone explain the crankshaft specs for the 367? I have read a few descriptions on the motor and a few have said the crank is hard coated, epoxy filled, double balancing slugs, etc. Just want the low down on the crank. Thanks.
It's everything you said except for the double slugs..just a single balancing slug. Switch your restrictor to an 8 or a 7, a 9853 pipe and you got yourself bad ass mill.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Crank is not filled, not coated either. It has one slug in it and the crank web is the newer Plus design thats almost completely circular, unlike conventional cranks. Its almost the same as the 21-5 & 21-7 crank, but has s slight difference from them.
Attached Thumbnails novarossi 367 plus 2-15011.jpg  

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-02-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any updates on the 367? How are you liking it? Just curious because I am thinking of buying one.
i havent got her running yet still weighting on the pipe i only started the thread yesterday
Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

that is the tuned version
Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, I was just wondering because I have been shopping around everywhere for one and I get a different description for almost every different source I have found. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I guess I can consider mine to be "Tuned".
Old 01-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Prophet

they did advance the timing on the intake window of the crank slightly on the plus cranks . the jp versions are coated very nicely i might add and they open up the whole duration of this window
Old 01-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

they did advance the timing on the intake window of the crank slightly on the plus cranks . the jp versions are coated very nicely i might add and they open up the whole duration of this window
yeh id love to have a jp sept for the cost ive seen one go there balistic will wipe the floar with any engine acelleration is out of this world an absolutly insane engine
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nover367
yeh id love to have a jp sept for the cost ive seen one go there balistic will wipe the floar with any engine acelleration is out of this world an absolutly insane engine
personally i prefer just opening the intake windows inlet rather than increasing full duration . the plus 4 cranks are opened up just like the jp cranks but not coated .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.