R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to pinky2252s Send a message via MSN to pinky2252s

If you spray bearings with Wd-40 after cleaning....they really cant rust or get wet.. at all

So your bearings wont be shot
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use a variety of all these methods, depending on how much racin I do, If I use water, I follow up with.....

In 1953, a fledgling company called Rocket Chemical Company and its staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry, in a small lab in San Diego, California.

It took them 40 attempts to get the water displacing formula worked out. But they must have been really good, because the original secret formula for WD-40®—which stands for Water Displacement perfected on the 40th try—is still in use today.

Convair, an aerospace contractor, first used WD-40 to protect the outer skin of the Atlas Missile from rust and corrosion. The product actually worked so well that several employees snuck some WD-40 cans out of the plant to use at home.

A few years following WD-40's first industrial use, Rocket Chemical Company founder Norm Larsen experimented with putting WD-40 into aerosol cans, reasoning that consumers might find a use for the product at home as some of the employees had. The product made its first appearance on store shelves in San Diego in 1958.

In 1960 the company nearly doubled in size, growing to seven people, who sold an average of 45 cases per day from the trunk of their cars to hardware and sporting goods stores in the San Diego area.

In 1961 the first full truckload order for WD-40 was filled when employees came in on a Saturday to produce additional concentrate to meet the disaster needs of the victims of Hurricane Carla along the U.S. Gulf coast. WD-40 was used to recondition flood and rain damaged vehicles and equipment.

In 1969 the company was renamed after its only product,
WD-40 Company, Inc.

In 1973, WD-40 Company, Inc., went public and was listed Over-The-Counter. The stock price increased by 61% on the first day of listing.

Since that time, WD-40 has grown by leaps and bounds, and is now virtually a household name, used in numerous consumer and industrial markets such as automotive, manufacturing, sporting goods, aviation, hardware and home improvement, construction, and farming.

In 1993, WD-40 was found to be in 4 out of 5 American households (it seems everyone has a can or two) and was used by 81 percent of professionals at work. Sales had grown to more than one million cans each week.

2000+ Uses! The most interesting piece of WD-40's history is the uses for the product, now numbering in the thousands. The uses include everything from silencing squeaky hinges and removing road tar from automobiles to protecting tools from rust and removing adhesive labels. But they get a lot crazier than that.

OVER THE YEARS...

Over the years, thousands of WD-40 users have written testimonial letters to the company sharing their often unique, if sometimes just plain weird, uses for the product—many of which are shared in other parts of this website. Some of the most interesting stories include the bus driver in Asia who used WD-40 to remove a python snake which had coiled itself around the undercarriage of his bus. Or when police officers used WD-40 to remove a naked burglar trapped in an air conditioning vent.

Very few brands will ever match the popularity of WD-40. In fact, the variety and uniqueness of uses for WD-40 proved so popular that The WD-40 Book, featuring many user testimonials and the wacky humor of the Duct Tape Guys, was published in 1997. But WD-40's literary legend doesn't end there. The familiar blue and yellow can has been featured in other books ranging from The Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness (General Publishing 1997), Polish Your Furniture With Panty Hose (Hyperion 1995), WD-40 for the Soul: The Guide to Fixing Everything (TV Books 1999), and Talking Dirty With the Queen of Clean.

In 2003, the new WD-40 Big Blast can was introduced, featuring a wide-area spray nozzle that delivers WD-40 quickly and efficiently over large areas.

In 2005, as a commitment to offering consumers the easiest, most convenient way to get the job done, WD-40 Company introduced the WD-40 Smart Straw®, which features a permanently attached straw. The Smart Straw can solved the number one complaint about WD-40 products losing the little red straw.

In 2006, WD-40 Company introduced the WD-40 No-Mess PenTM to provide millions of WD-40 users a portable, precision-application delivery system of the famous multi-purpose problem solver. The WD-40 Fan Club also reached an astonishing 100,000 members & a tribute to WD-40’s fanatical fan base around the globe.

More to come...

(If you liked this, be sure to check out the WD-40 Virtual Tour. If you really liked it, join the WD-40 Fan Club to share your stories, download freebies and receive weekly tips via e-mail on ways to use the product.)

Works great if it happens to Rain when you race!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #33
Tech Master

Or after this mess...
Old 01-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
yessir.. no scrubbing or rubbing .. green stuff and some pressure.. cost 1.50.. but its clean when im done.. dont find any small spots i might of missed with the water hose.. crash.. is there anything you dont have a pic of??
Ok I gotcha I was thinking about the drive through car washes.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
Tech Master

Clean...

Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #36
Tech Master

Dirty...

Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast11970 View Post

Or after this mess...
How you like that eb pipe on there??? I just got one but haven't run it yet.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

and that dudes wants to take it apart before cleaning it .. lol im not touching that car unitll its washed off.. .
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
Tech Master

When I had mine it felt like a 2050 with the top end of a JP 2 \, But it made good torque everywhere, just a bit piggish on fuel, but I was running an 8mm restrictor, Good pipe, I think it would really help a stock mill versus a modded one...IMO (In Monkeys Opinion)
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast11970 View Post
When I had mine it felt like a 2050 with the top end of a JP 2 \, But it made good torque everywhere, just a bit piggish on fuel, but I was running an 8mm restrictor, Good pipe, I think it would really help a stock mill versus a modded one...IMO (In Monkeys Opinion)
Cool. I have been running a jp-3 on my stock v-spec in a losi truggy with very good results but I figured for $50 I would give it a try. I have been getting 10-11 mins on a tank with the jp-3 and 9mm restrictor. What runtime were you getting with the eb?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
Tech Master

7-8 on a Big track, 10-11 on a tight off power track, Just be mindfull of the Wide open throttle, it seemed to really run fat there, if it was for to long...Bottem never seemed overly rich, even after lid time...
Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you can try O'Donnell speed wash
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
you dont have to rebuild the diffs and shocks after getting your car wet...
but how are your bearings getting the dust cleaned out of them if you say you dont have to go through them??? after a day at the track my bearings need good blasting out regardless how it was cleaned.. especially if they are "greased" up like you say. ..i have never ran the grease in my bearings... or alot of lube for that matter.. im not fast but i know what works for me .. and i know water will not hurt a well maintenced car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWC View Post
If you dont use the water hose on your car you dont have to go through all the bearings and diffs and shocks every week.
Also.....
Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWC View Post
As far as the bearings, water can and will get in them, reguardless of sheild type. Usually the outer bearings get fresh grease every week. The diff bearings last two along with the diffs.
Man you was quick to try to burn me. Its all good tho
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #45
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wall View Post
I use this handy little tool http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97014
Take a 5gal fuel tank, buy a bottle of Orange Blast cleaner (auto dept at Wal Mart) pour into tank, finish by filling with water. hook above tool to air compressor, drop hose into tank, kick up 40-50psi on the compressor, and wala, pressure washer on a mini scale!!
Pull radio tray and motor and go to town. The orange peel in the cleaner acts as a cleaner plus it protects from rust. After cleaning, change to air gun and blow dry, car looks like new!!! Clean buggy in less than 15 minutes!!Best thing I have ever found!!

i have that. i have my psi way higher tho to get the grime off

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote