R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #106
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4 View Post
Why say this in the first place? He doesnt have to prove anything to you about him owning a hellfire.
Really..if your going to talk "shit" about something you should at least have owned one..and at least give reasons other than it just sucks or it's a pos..and maximo i have looked to see if you have given any reasons other than it's a pos and did not find any..give your reasons..tell what you broke..I can respect opinions about products when reasons are given..hard to respect the standard it's a POS because I say so..and getting upset about it or trash talking someone who has a different opinion is not right either..
I'll run it down on "my opinion" of the Hellfire..an Honest one..
The RTR version of the Hellfire does have it's problems..One..The basic design is just way to stiff front to rear, in a crash the energy has to go somewhere, in most truggies the chassis flex takes up "most" of the load, sometimes if the crash is bad enough it will bend shock towers..etc..(the first Jammin CTR RTR's if you hit wrong the chassis would bend..that's why the Z brace). On the Hellfire the rear (on the front and rear of the RTR) suspension mounts can and will bend in a big hit, the shock towers can bend in a big hit also..HPI did fix the problem with the SS, thicker suspension mounts (SS-6mm, RTR-4mm) and 5mm shock towers for the SS and 4mm for the RTR. Now on to the diffs, I can honestly say that I have never had any diff problems with the Hellfire, but I did re shim the diffs and re-seal them..but I did change over to the HB LSP diffs just to be safe, one more thing you can do is use the savage alum diff cases so it does not separate under load (something that I saw was the factory did not fully tighten the diff cases, so it was separating under load and destroying the gears..but on that diff thing..The Kyosho STR had a problem with their diffs blowing up quickly also..I had one of those also and never had any problems..but a lot of guys did, I think it was because they were not shimming them properly..again just one man's opinion..Lack of steering..or the perception of it..again a lot of it has to do with set up, as with any truggy..I do use the wider SS rear hubs, I am using the XRAY Aluminum Steering Plate 7075 T6 (3mm..$15) it seemed to even out the steering a lot, I also took a bit off the C hub..and I moved the servo back 1/4 of an inch to get better servo travel (just easier on the servo)..and last I'm running Mugen captured hinge pins on the outside hubs, none of my mods are what I would call major and from what I have seen pretty much standard stuff as far as mods go..most guys that race will mod their truggies to work how they want them to work..and as far as comparing the Hellfire to what your view of the top truggies are..I Own or have owned most on your list..I have a Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8T, Mugen MBX5T Prospec, Caster K8T heavily modded..and yes it did take a lot of work to get my Hellfire dialled in, but since it's sooo stiff the suspension has to be pretty much on the money..My Race Truggy of choice for now is the ST-RR..but I'm going to be racing a Losi 8T this coming season, I have seen a "few" 2.0 8T's run and i was not impressed at all so I'll stick to the 1.0 version..but back to the Hellfire..I run the SS and it's not the same as the RTR, but if you were buying new I would not suggest the Hellfire and never have..all I have ever said is it's not as bad as you guys try to make it out to be..if you can get one for cheap enough you wont go wrong..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #107
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Oasis my point i was trying to make is this...for what he would be paying for a used Hellfire RTR he could instead buy a Mugen MBX5T.... The Mugens are selling used for as little as $150.00 on ebay...to me it makes a pretty tough case to buy the Hellfire when you can buy a much superior product for the same money...These guys have it in their heads that the hellfire is better then the Mugen and I was just trying to offer him some decent advice... a Mugen MBX5T Prospec vs a Hellfire RTR for the same cash, to me this is a no brainer and only a retard would choose the Hellfire.... I know the Mugen is no longer the top machine, however it still is miles ahead of the Hellfire in every department... Chances are this kid is going to actually pay more for his used Hellfire RTR then he would pay for a used Prospec... But he is ignorant and rude and refuses to listen anyone, so IMO he deserves a Hellfire and a hellfire deserves him....

Kyosho ST-RR ROCKS !!!
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Oasis my point i was trying to make is this...for what he would be paying for a used Hellfire RTR he could instead buy a Mugen MBX5T.... The Mugens are selling used for as little as $150.00 on ebay...to me it makes a pretty tough case to buy the Hellfire when you can buy a much superior product for the same money...These guys have it in their heads that the hellfire is better then the Mugen and I was just trying to offer him some decent advice... a Mugen MBX5T Prospec vs a Hellfire RTR for the same cash, to me this is a no brainer and only a retard would choose the Hellfire.... I know the Mugen is no longer the top machine, however it still is miles ahead of the Hellfire in every department... Chances are this kid is going to actually pay more for his used Hellfire RTR then he would pay for a used Prospec... But he is ignorant and rude and refuses to listen anyone, so IMO he deserves a Hellfire and a hellfire deserves him....

Kyosho ST-RR ROCKS !!!
HATER, Still not as bad as you say and still comes down to driving skill in most part it's a decent truck. Plus you wasn't giving advise just your BS in a harsh and rude way to the guy. You wonder why
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #109
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I have 2 more videos if this doesn't do for ya.... As I say the HF is not contest to the Hyper ST.... Hyper is tougher, and turns much better.....I see you trashing the Hyper all over the forums and it amazes me your sticking up for the HF, which is the most inferior Truggy ever built.... You must have a sweet spot for the HF that blinds you of the truth... As for being a hater, yes I hate the HF as it sucks and doesn't deserve any praise..
Thanks....I guess I do have a "soft spot" for the Hellfire but it does not blind me anymore than you on the Hyper....I had a Hyper ST pro and whats funny about that is I feel the same way about it as you feel about the Hellfire....and compared to the newer truggies the Hyper pushes like a dump truck..it IMHO suffers from the same fate as the Hellfire..both weigh to much, both have questionable diffs, the suspension geometry is not right..It might work fine for bashing or racing on smooth European style tracks but where I race at it just does not cut it..and to be quite honest at the level I race at the Hellfire does not really cut it either..(their I said it..)..I just guess that some manufactures are given a "pass" on whats acceptable and what's not, every truggy has "their" problems and I guess depending on their fans to how big of a deal it's to be made of..I have a "dislike" of the Hyper for good reasons..Try racing it at a Pro level at a "big" race and you will really really understand it's shortcomings..I mean guys that have made the worlds in 1/8th scale and the best they could do with the Hyper ST was like the E main....I had diff problems and so did a bunch of the Team guys, it was tough going out knowing you did not stand a chance....I did not really crash any either, but the track really did not favor the Hyper at all, so the longer..read..better handling truggies would just walk us on the blown out sections and BIG jumps and as the race went on it just got worse..my buddy races for Hobao so it's not like we did not have any help..they were suffering the same fate as us....it will get better for the Hyper fans when the "new" Hyper ST is out..but the Hyper St. is based on an old design..remember the Hyper7..so in your mind it's a better truggy but in all reality its the same result at the races....but this is still all based upon how well you set up your truggy..but if you think the Hyper is better than the Hellfire your really kidding yourself..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #110
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Thanks....I guess I do have a "soft spot" for the Hellfire but it does not blind me anymore than you on the Hyper....I had a Hyper ST pro and whats funny about that is I feel the same way about it as you feel about the Hellfire....and compared to the newer truggies the Hyper pushes like a dump truck..it IMHO suffers from the same fate as the Hellfire..both weigh to much, both have questionable diffs, the suspension geometry is not right..It might work fine for bashing or racing on smooth European style tracks but where I race at it just does not cut it..and to be quite honest at the level I race at the Hellfire does not really cut it either..(their I said it..)..I just guess that some manufactures are given a "pass" on whats acceptable and what's not, every truggy has "their" problems and I guess depending on their fans to how big of a deal it's to be made of..I have a "dislike" of the Hyper for good reasons..Try racing it at a Pro level at a "big" race and you will really really understand it's shortcomings..I mean guys that have made the worlds in 1/8th scale and the best they could do with the Hyper ST was like the E main....I had diff problems and so did a bunch of the Team guys, it was tough going out knowing you did not stand a chance....I did not really crash any either, but the track really did not favor the Hyper at all, so the longer..read..better handling truggies would just walk us on the blown out sections and BIG jumps and as the race went on it just got worse..my buddy races for Hobao so it's not like we did not have any help..they were suffering the same fate as us....it will get better for the Hyper fans when the "new" Hyper ST is out..but the Hyper St. is based on an old design..remember the Hyper7..so in your mind it's a better truggy but in all reality its the same result at the races....but this is still all based upon how well you set up your truggy..but if you think the Hyper is better than the Hellfire your really kidding yourself..
I hated the Hyper too, not as much as the HF, but the Hyper was a nose heavy tank

hers 2 videos of the same engine, same track between my Mugen and my Hyper..The Mugen runs circles around the hyper which is very apparent from the videos... I did try racing the Hyper but i htaed how it jumped, it felt far too nose heavy for my tastes..I will say my hyper did have good turning, but other then that it was a tank...I just feel the Hyper has better build quality then the HF, we had far less parts breakage using the hyper..either way I do agree that neither is worth buying these days... However i always did like the looks of the Hyper if thats worth anything LOL !


Hyper ST

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...41092418741831

Mugen

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...52699127013617
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #111
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
HATER, Still not as bad as you say and still comes down to driving skill in most part it's a decent truck. Plus you wasn't giving advise just your BS in a harsh and rude way to the guy. You wonder why
I was not rude till you guys started being rude to me.. I was offering truthful and sound advice based off owning all the machines in question.... It was you teo who took my comments on the HF as a personal attack.... Truly if you feel the HF is superior to the Mugen you must have rocks for brains....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #112
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: south florida
Posts: 7,704
Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)
Default

what is a hellfire?
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #113
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
what is a hellfire?



Nice 1 cjm
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I was not rude till you guys started being rude to me.. I was offering truthful and sound advice based off owning all the machines in question.... It was you teo who took my comments on the HF as a personal attack.... Truly if you feel the HF is superior to the Mugen you must have rocks for brains....
You're the 1 who is stuck on the issue not me. Like this BS you just said here at the end. I'm freaking happy on what I race does well BUT the main thing I'm having fun racing. I could pull a YOU do you have national trophies if you don't it mean what you race is POS. I'm talking about you not what someone else won. IMO PBS suspension sucks

You was rude to the guy
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #115
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 577
Default

Well....... We happen to have the HellFire Prototype here and I can see a lot of room for improvement if you look inside here you can tell it is a weak point ...designed right in there in plain sight where everyone can see it. Now can anyone argue with that.Other than the inherent weak spot the Hell
fire is possibly the best truggy ever built and that is why they are re-introducing the HellFire Classic out in June of 09 At all Toys R us stores which BTW will be selling R/C cars,boats ,planes and helis. So go ahead and get you a HellFire because the caster piss poor products thread is dead.I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Please don't report me to the moderator.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
Well....... We happen to have the HellFire Prototype here and I can see a lot of room for improvement if you look inside here you can tell it is a weak point ...designed right in there in plain sight where everyone can see it. Now can anyone argue with that.Other than the inherent weak spot the Hell
fire is possibly the best truggy ever built and that is why they are re-introducing the HellFire Classic out in June of 09 At all Toys R us stores which BTW will be selling R/C cars,boats ,planes and helis. So go ahead and get you a HellFire because the caster piss poor products thread is dead.I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Please don't report me to the moderator.
What? Rambling of a crazy person
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #117
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 577
Default

Yes ....si senor.... The HellFire make me crazy.Only trying to buy this guy a hellfire so he can enjoy the sheer luxury.I want every one to donate .02 and we will by this guy the best truggy ever. I mean these things are the briggs and strattons of the industry.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #118
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
we have all told you the Pro's and cons, you just chose to close your ears to what were saying...why did you bother making this post if you didnt want to hear the truth ? anyways good luck and be ready to learn the hard way bro ! I am done talking in this thread, your far to ignorant to be worth trying to help..... I want you to get the Hellfire now, I truly do ! you deserve a Hellfire, you earned it IMO !
You didn't give me no PRO'S. All you said that it was a piece of shit and it breaks. ALL CARS BREAK. You started off by saying it was a piece of shit. Why didn't you just give me the pro's and con's like I asked. You just jumped to "Don't buy it! Buy a Mugen. Mugen is like 9000 time better! So go buy one of those instead, and if you don't I'm going to bash you and call you an ignorant ass cause I wont accept your advice, which is nothing but bashing my opinion. Go ahead and try to make me the bad guy here, you're the one who started this ****ing argument in the first place.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #119
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
You didn't give me no PRO'S. All you said that it was a piece of shit and it breaks. ALL CARS BREAK. You started off by saying it was a piece of shit. Why didn't you just give me the pro's and con's like I asked. You just jumped to "Don't buy it! Buy a Mugen. Mugen is like 9000 time better! So go buy one of those instead, and if you don't I'm going to bash you and call you an ignorant ass cause I wont accept your advice, which is nothing but bashing my opinion. Go ahead and try to make me the bad guy here, you're the one who started this ****ing argument in the first place.
You know we have to keep in mind we are talking about toy trucks here, Winter boredom seems to bring the worst out in everyone, so please keep that in perspective... IMO nothing in this hobby is finite and buying used allows anyone the chance to test many different trucks and not break the bank, Ebay and forums can be a goldmine for finding affordable quality used RC gear... So get the Hellfire and see what you think, many of here have had the opportunity to run the truck, so there's no reason why you shouldn't try it for yourself... I appologize for coming across as such a dick, it originally was not my intention..Either way with used prices being so low there's nothing really to lose no matter what you choose, as well the used market is very good and chances are you will have no issue selling the truck for what you paid.... so its a win win either way, and definitely not a subject worth truly arguing over... A little tongue and cheek banter is to be expected on the forums, however its nothing worth getting upset over...... Have fun with your choices and best of luck. I have no ill feelings whatsoever and I post in good humor and intend no true insult or have any hostile intentions.... Mostly a little fun and nothing more and I appologize if my posts come across as more then they were intended to be ! Anyways Good Day !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #120
Tech Elite
 
Illbreakthat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: With your sister!
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Im still trying to figure out why this thread is even continuing. 4 pages of arguing and bantering like children, the truck has its ups and downs.. many have spoken of the pros and cons but none of them seem to make the original poster happy. So why is anyone even bothering?
__________________
Not much to put here....
Illbreakthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Race Talk TryHard Racing Forum 9876 12-05-2010 10:46 AM
HPI Firestorm Official Thread. dracy69 Electric Off-Road 33 08-06-2007 12:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net