Wiki Posts
Search

So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
..Just an opinion..The biggest problem that the Hellfire had/has is that HPI NEVER supported it..never had a "Race Team"..The Hellfire could have been a lot better than it was if HPI had supported it..HPI did not support it because it was a pos or anything like that it just happen to have been released when HPI changed their stance on racing..HB is their "racing" company and the HPI label is RTR and geared towards bashing..Yes their were a "few" problems with the Hellfire at first..The SS version did address 99% of the problems..I still occasionally pull mine out and race it for fun..It's fun to finish in the top 3 with it..the look on guys faces when they get beat by a Hellfire..classic....and yes Maximo I do own 4 other Truggies..Mugen MBX5T Prospec, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8T, Caster K8T (heavily modded..a cross with a Mugen) I rate the Hellfire in the same league as the Hyper ST and the TT ST1..I dont see these truggies at my local races either..in fact you dont see many Mugens lately either..and at the last few big races you have not even seen a Mugen in the A mains..does this mean it's a pos....Back to the Hellfire..To be Honest I was disappointed in the Hellfire and HPI's lack of support for a truggy that did have potential..But to this day I dont feel that it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be..I do have some very close friends that DO work for HPI so I really do know what the "deal" was on the Hellfire..
for equal money what would you buy, a used Hellfire RTR or a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec......... you cannot tell me the Hellfire is better then the Mugen, they are night and day different, i owned both as well.....
Old 01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Maximo, you didn't offer me any advice. Only advice you said to me was, "Don't buy it, it's a POS." Don't come and call me an ignorant ass when all I asked for were the Pro's and Con's in the first place.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
Maximo, you didn't offer me any advice. Only advice you said to me was, "Don't buy it, it's a POS." Don't come and call me an ignorant ass when all I asked for were the Pro's and Con's in the first place.

MG dude...Give it up already.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
for equal money what would you buy, a used Hellfire RTR or a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec......... you cannot tell me the Hellfire is better then the Mugen, they are night and day different, i owned both as well.....
Once again Did I ever say that..that would be a big NO..The only thing that I have ever said is that the Hellfire was not as bad as everyone has made it out to be..that's it..read into whatever you want to but the facts are I never said it was better than a Mugen..but I did say it's on the same level as the TT ST1 and Hyper ST....you even quoted what I had said..did you read what i wrote..
Old 01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dude, just buy the damn hellfire. There are 10 or so knowledgable rc guys on hear telling you to go and buy something wirth having and you are just finding excuses to make yourself want the hellfire more. That is why your an ignorant A$$. Buy it and learn the hard way like the guys who are telling you to get a good car have already.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alexb2000
Dude, just buy the damn hellfire. There are 10 or so knowledgable rc guys on hear telling you to go and buy something wirth having and you are just finding excuses to make yourself want the hellfire more. That is why your an ignorant A$$. Buy it and learn the hard way like the guys who are telling you to get a good car have already.

It's a decent truggy that got a bad rap because of no factroy support. That 99% of poeple who say what they say NEVER even had one or even drove one in the first place. There are so many internet experts out there. But they do this on everything because what they read somewhere else or what a friend said.

I don't care what r/c brand you have if you can't drive it won't do you any good.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Why don't you guys just wait and buy one of the new HellFire Classics due out in June???
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Once again Did I ever say that..that would be a big NO..The only thing that I have ever said is that the Hellfire was not as bad as everyone has made it out to be..that's it..read into whatever you want to but the facts are I never said it was better than a Mugen..but I did say it's on the same level as the TT ST1 and Hyper ST....you even quoted what I had said..did you read what i wrote..

I had both, Hyper ST and Hellfire.... NO CONTEST..Hyper ST mops up the Hellfire and is much more durable ! seriously dude the Hyper carves up the HF on a track.....

Anyways this kid is paying as much for a used Hellfire RTR as he could have bought a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec for.... I was just trying to help him make a wiser decision, but he has already made up his mind that the Hellfire is the better bet.... LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pdmustgt

It's a decent truggy that got a bad rap because of no factroy support. That 99% of poeple who say what they say NEVER even had one or even drove one in the first place. There are so many internet experts out there. But they do this on everything because what they read somewhere else or what a friend said.

I don't care what r/c brand you have if you can't drive it won't do you any good.

We have all owned and driven a HF....it is the lowest of the low on the Truggy totem pole ! drive a MBX5T, CRT, RC8T,X2 CRT,Hyper ST, Losi 8T, ST-RR,XT8 then come back and tell us how great the HF really is....
Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
we have all told you the Pro's and cons, you just chose to close your ears to what were saying...why did you bother making this post if you didnt want to hear the truth ? anyways good luck and be ready to learn the hard way bro ! I am done talking in this thread, your far to ignorant to be worth trying to help..... I want you to get the Hellfire now, I truly do ! you deserve a Hellfire, you earned it IMO !
Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LMFAO, this thread never ceases to amaze!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I had both, Hyper ST and Hellfire.... NO CONTEST..Hyper ST mops up the Hellfire and is much more durable ! seriously dude the Hyper carves up the HF on a track.....

Anyways this kid is paying as much for a used Hellfire RTR as he could have bought a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec for.... I was just trying to help him make a wiser decision, but he has already made up his mind that the Hellfire is the better bet.... LOL
I doubt that you would "carve" me up with a hyper..got any photos of your hellfire..I don't think you owned one to be honest..just another hater..
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have all owned and driven a HF....it is the lowest of the low on the Truggy totem pole ! drive a MBX5T, CRT, RC8T,X2 CRT,Hyper ST, Losi 8T, ST-RR,XT8 then come back and tell us how great the HF really is....
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

I doubt that you would "carve" me up with a hyper..got any photos of your hellfire..I don't think you owned one to be honest..just another hater..
Why say this in the first place? He doesnt have to prove anything to you about him owning a hellfire.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Would some video's do ?

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...85989159158821

I have 2 more videos if this doesn't do for ya.... As I say the HF is not contest to the Hyper ST.... Hyper is tougher, and turns much better.....I see you trashing the Hyper all over the forums and it amazes me your sticking up for the HF, which is the most inferior Truggy ever built.... You must have a sweet spot for the HF that blinds you of the truth... As for being a hater, yes I hate the HF as it sucks and doesn't deserve any praise..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.