R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Sand is a very soft landing...doesn't take much to stay together jumping in sand.... The Mugen is many times over more durable then the Hellfire is...you would be much better off to buy a Mugen ! its honestly not even a fair comparison... The Hellfire's may be decent enough to plink around in your yard, which is why I say unless the price is dirt cheap, and I mean dirt cheap ! do not buy it..... Even if you paid more for the Mugen initially you would end up saving money over the long run as the Mugen is going to break much less........ So its up to you, if you love wrenching and fixxing buy the HPI, if you prefer to run all day instead buy the Mugen...... Also to consider is the Mugen is an awesome performing machine, the Hellfire is not anywhere near as capable as the Mugen.... So not only will the Mugen outbash and outlast the HPI it will also runs circles around it in any form of performance comparison ...truly we are comparing two different classes of machine here.........

See, you didn't watch the entire video. Half way into the video he's jumping a gravel hill. Gravel is not soft. He was jumping atleast 15ft, with that hellfire. And for obvious reasons I posted that one where he's jumping the mugen cause that's the only good one I could find of the mugen. All of the other ones were on a track. I don't know why you compared a Savage to a truggy. That's beyond me.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #47
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
See, you didn't watch the entire video. Half way into the video he's jumping a gravel hill. Gravel is not soft. He was jumping atleast 15ft, with that hellfire. And for obvious reasons I posted that one where he's jumping the mugen cause that's the only good one I could find of the mugen. All of the other ones were on a track. I don't know why you compared a Savage to a truggy. That's beyond me.

I compared it to a Savage to give you an idea how tough the Mugen is... trust me mate, there is no contest between the two brands.... Either way buy what you want !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Hellfire didn't flop or fail because of design exactly. Your avg racer wants someone to tell them how to set it up and have that "factroy driver" behind it. Hpi didn't do that so what that don't mean it flop or was disliked like you said. R/C world right now is like the Auto industry was in the 60's win on Sunday sell on Monday. Have factroy supported driver and run big ads in every magazine and website. Hpi kind of over built the truggy since it's so stiff with very little chassis flex.

PBS still suck been there done that. Give me C-hub or Hellfire style front suspension like Xray, Losi, Hot bodies use right now
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #49
Tech Addict

I was gonna say some funny sh-t but you guys don't deserve it ... I mean I'm sitting here trying to watch the Chargers Game and you guys won't give it a rest.i know a guy that can take that dam hell fire and run the piss out of it and if it breaks he knows a guy that will fix and sell it on E-Bay to somebody dumb!!!
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
I compared it to a Savage to give you an idea how tough the Mugen is... trust me mate, there is no contest between the two brands.... Either way buy what you want !
I doubt a mugen can take a beating like the Savage can.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I was gonna say some funny sh-t but you guys don't deserve it ... I mean I'm sitting here trying to watch the Chargers Game and you guys won't give it a rest.i know a guy that can take that dam hell fire and run the piss out of it and if it breaks he knows a guy that will fix and sell it on E-Bay to somebody dumb!!!
I don't see the sole purpose of this post.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

pdmustgt- dont u run a bce chassis? and i believe u have been running it for awhile so make sure you let people know all the hop-ups you've done to yours before you tell people theres nothing wrong with the hellfire please

i ran the hellfire ss for a whole race season 3yrs ago its an ok truggy but you HAVE to modify it alot for it to be durable and fast and now its kinda out dated
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #53
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
I doubt a mugen can take a beating like the Savage can.

I run Savages all the time.... Trust me mate, the Mugen will take abuse that would turn the Savage into a pile of parts....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
pdmustgt- dont u run a bce chassis? and i believe u have been running it for awhile so make sure you let people know all the hop-ups you've done to yours before you tell people theres nothing wrong with the hellfire please

i ran the hellfire ss for a whole race season 3yrs ago its an ok truggy but you HAVE to modify it alot for it to be durable and fast and now its kinda out dated
Why yes I have BCE chassis but it don't mean it's better. It's just lighter thats it the SS chassis is just as good it's slightly lighter over the BCE chassis.
Tell me if mods really count?????? Just about everyone mods there r/c vehicle no matter who makes it. Hell I mod my RC8 with big bore shocks does this mean it was junk before the mod UMM NO.

Again theres nothing wrong with it
Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post

2nd thought SS you heavily modded to run it I don't think so. I got too hear the mods you did.

My brother has my SS kit has been racing it for over a yr. The only that we changed like mine was to change the front outer hinge pins to bolt style pins and lightning diff. In my book that lightly modded
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
I run Savages all the time.... Trust me mate, the Mugen will take abuse that would turn the Savage into a pile of parts....

I wont believe that a truggy will ever be able to take a beating a Savage could. Also, how are you going to try and compare a hopped up truck to a stock one? I just don't understand...I bet people would bash a lot with Truggies if they were as tough as a savage or another monster truck. I'm sure some people do, but I doubt not nearly as hard.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

There is a reason that a high end truggy kit with no radio gear and no engine will set you back more than any RTR Savage. That reason is quality of parts and R&D.

Take it from somebody that owns a Mugen and a Savage...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Savage, and it's a blast, and it's tough, but truggies are TOUGH.
T-BirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
There is a reason that a high end truggy kit with no radio gear and no engine will set you back more than any RTR Savage. That reason is quality of parts and R&D.

Take it from somebody that owns a Mugen and a Savage...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Savage, and it's a blast, and it's tough, but truggies are TOUGH.
I never said they weren't. I'm buying a truggy. I'm just saying that I doubt it's as strong as a Savage. That's it. Not saying I disagree with you about them being tough/strong. I can't wait till I get mine. I'll probably have it broke within the first few hours of driving it. I'm just rough on cars. I mash on them. I'll always think the savage is stronger.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

All I'm saying is my cheesy-ass XTM X-terminator was as tough as my Savage. there is no reason for you to not believe the MBX5T is tougher.
T-BirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I club raced the Hellfire for two seasons...I never had a DNF due to a breakage...the only DNF's I had were due to maintenance issues on my part (clutch bell, wheel nut, dead battery).

It's all about maintenance. If you don't maintain your vehicles properly they will break.
HiVoltg12 is offline   Reply With Quote